Thirty Five

vote & comment, and most of all, enjoy 💖💖

A FEW DISCLAIMERS:

‼️the pov's jump in this chapter a lot so pay attention. i will use this emoji: 👁👁 whenever the POV changes so that it's easier to point it out.

‼️ i'm sure my therapy scenes aren't exactly accurate, but i am researching as i go! please, message me if you've been to therapy in reality and think there are important aspects of therapy that you feel i should add into the story moving forward!

‼️i am so nervous to upload this chapter 🧍🏾‍♀️

OKAY, that's it and that is all. this is a long chapter so enjoy!! sorry for mistakes and happy labor day 💓

Ant POV 👁👁

For the first week I been down here in Virginia, I've been pushing and rescheduling therapy. Even though it sounds stupid, the main reason I've been pushing it is because I don't feel like talking to anybody right now. I can't bring myself to care to talk to someone. I've been having episodes where I get mad but don't know what for, where I get paranoid and don't know what for, and because of that I've been unresponsive to everybody and everything. I haven't even been talking to my son much. It's not like he wants to talk to me and can't get a response, but I know I haven't been communicating with him how I'm supposed to communicate with him. I drop him off at school and then pick him up, and that's it. That's not why I brought him here.

It seems like my depression always hitting me at the worse times. It's never a good time to be depressed, but shit, I'm tryna be a father and I can't even get the shit done that I said I was gonna get done and it's only been a week. Pushing therapy is only pushing my sons therapy too. And that's why tomorrow is the day I'm not gonna make any more excuses. The whole point of going to therapy is to take care of my and my sons mental health, so how it look making depression the reason I don't take care of it? And then dragging my kid along with me at that.

"And then they finally sent the email saying that I can go back to work on Monday! So all of that back and forth was for no reason. I told them, I can't not work for the rest of my life because of an arm... I mean, if this is how I'm supposed to live now, what am I going to do? Sit around all day?" Cameron rants over facetime. It's midnight right now. I usually don't call him this late because I need to keep him and the shit I'm into separate, and I don't want no one calling me late and then he starts asking questions about why I'm hanging up the phone. But, I already haven't been responding to him that much this week, and I've missed a few calls. So, I'm putting my paranoia to the side and having a conversation with him. I look at him through the screen, realizing that I'd probably been staring into the distance, distracted by my own thoughts while he was talking.

"Yeah." I respond to him. I keep it short because I don't know exactly what he was talking about since I wasn't fully listening. He stares at me so I stare back at him and then he tilts his head.

I look away from the phone again. "What?"

"You weren't listening were you?" He lowers his eyes.

"You said you gonna sit around all day." That's the only thing I caught.

"Uh-huh, and what's the context of me mentioning sitting around all day?" He asks. I don't even know what he just said to me so I stay quiet and then smile when he gets to shaking his head.