Thirteen

VOTE AND COMMENT💖💖💖

I split this into two chapters because it was 76 pages, so make sure to read the next one as well ❤️ sorry for any mistakes

PART ONE

Cameron POV

"You really don't have to do this Zaniyah," I tell my sister in law who is getting ready to leave with the twins. She offered to 'take them off my hands' until tomorrow afternoon after they come home from school. She offered to drop them off at school Monday morning as well.

"Boy, I want to do this, and it's not like I'm their auntie or anything," she says sarcastically, "Plus you need some you time. I can feel it."

"I'm okay, but I appreciate the gesture Zaniyah," I smile at her.

She returns the smile, "okay twins, lets go." She exclaims. Leah and Aj get up from the couch and approach the door where Zaza snd I are standing. I feel my daughter wrap her arms around me from the side.

"I love you," she kisses my cheek and I squeeze her back.

"I love you. Have fun," I say.

We separate from our hug. Aj walks past me towards the door.

"Bye sweetie, I love you," I tell him.

I don't get a response back which is what I expected, so I begin to shut the door but Zaza stops me.

"Hold on Cameron. Aj, your papa just told you something." Zaniyah told Aj.

"What?" Aj asks in an annoyed tone.

"Your papa said bye and that he loves you." She repeats and I want to tell her it's okay and that they can go, but she's staring so intensely at Aj that I don't think she would pay me any kind.

"I heard him," he states.

"You heard him and you didn't respond?" She questions. Aj doesn't answer her and stares at his phone. She glances at me with a shocked expression and shakes her head. "Answer him."

"Bye." Aj states without taking an eye off of his phone.

"Bye and what else? He said he loves you," Zaniyah states expectantly. Aj shrugs. She sighs and then looks at me, "You already know what I'm about to say," she says.

I know what she's about to say. She says it every time she witnesses Aj being rude and disrespectful. "If only Anthony was here," she states. Aj shifts his stance and kisses his teeth in annoyance.

"It's okay, you guys can go." I state. Zaniyah side eyes Aj. "Alright guys, papa needs a break from y'all. Let's get out of here. Start walking." They start walking away but Zaniyah remains in front of the apartment door.

"You keep saying it's okay, you keep ignoring his attitude, and it's only going to make him keep treating you like that. You're the parent, check him." She reminds me with a whisper. I understand where she's coming from, but I feel like Aj is a lost cause and it is partially my fault. He's never going to be fond of me or respect me, and I am not going to make myself believe that he will just to get disappointed all over again.

"Bye, see you tomorrow night," Her and I hug for a moment and I close my door when she walks away.

Now that I'm by myself I don't know what to do, so I decide I'm going to clean my already clean apartment and maybe watch a movie. I don't like being alone, but Zaniyah really wanted to take the kids out and to her home so of course I let her since she's their aunt and I trust her with all my heart. But again, I don't like being by myself. It's too quiet.