Forty

vote and comment 💓💓 and sorry for mistakes!

Ant POV

1:20am.

"Go inside. I'll be back," I tell Aj. I look through the rear view mirror, then break eye contact when I see the confusion on Aj's face.

"Where you going?" He asks. The first time he spoke in seven hours. And I can't even honor that, because I have to lie to him.

I unlock the car door to give myself a little extra time to stall in my response. I can't come up with anything good, and the fact that he probably thinks it has something to do with what they saw on tv makes it worse. It does, but not in the way he or anyone else is thinking. "I got a client." That's a dumb ass excuse. I can't fucking think straight right now, that's the problem. Why would I have a client in the middle of the night? Aj a little slow but he ain't stupid, so I'm met with a even more confused expression.

"Get in the apartment Aj. Go." I interrupt in a more demanding tone than before, hoping that'll stop him from asking me any more questions. And it does. He gets his bag, and I wait until he's safely inside then I leave. I can tell it's only gonna get more difficult to give excuses and keep secrets, and it's all because of that bitch Rue. I already came to terms with the fact that I'm gonna kill her. Not tonight, and probably not tomorrow. When I left Tyler's house, I was convinced I was gonna drive down here, drop my son off, and then go blow that bitch head off. But I thought about it, and right now is not the right time. But before Cameron start showing, I'm gonna kill her. No question about it. I'll play along with her right now, make her really think she got me on a leash, but at the end of the day she's done with. After what she did, the way she tried to blackmail me—nah.

And what I'm trying to figure out is how the fuck the bitch knew it was me who killed them niggas. It's like she had it ready just in case she needed to use it against me. If I'm being tracked, or watched, that's even more reason for me to do what I'm gonna do. All the bitch had to do was be petty and make me do some fucked up job when I got back, kept it simple. But no, she just had to use the ammo she got. It's cool though.

"If it's not the chocolate God himself. Thought you'd never show up." Rue's daughter says when I walk in. She bites her lip at me, and slowly gets up from the chair behind the desk. "How was your visit back...home?" She comes around the desk, and approaches me.

"Where Rue at?" I ask. This bitch come close Imma smack her.

She scoffs, "Oh, Rue this, Rue that. My mother can wait. You've got ten minutes to spare." She bites her lip again, then uses a hand to undo the first button on her shirt. That's my que to walk past her, but as I'm trying to, she catches me off  guard and blocks my way, making her chest touch me. "Where you going so fas—"

"Move," I dodge her, and again, she blocks me.

"Just fuck me already Anthony. Jesus Christ. Catch the fucking hint—"

I told the bitch move, right? I push her, and I intentionally do it as hard as I can. I'm already aggravated as it is, and she thought it would've been a good idea to touch me? She goes flying backwards, falling down on the desk, and nearly everything on it falls to the floor—computer, lamp, papers, all that shit. I think something hit her forehead because now she got a bleeding knot.

"What the fuck is going on out here?!" Here this old white bitch go. She needa teach her daughter to take niggas serious, I don't know what to say. She glances at her daughter on the floor, glances at me, then sighs. "Rachel, get up. Clean this up. Anthony, follow me."
She walks off, and I follow after her, leaving her dumb ass daughter behind to clean up and deal with that fat ass knot on her head.