you're scared of the dark

"I'm so tired," Hwasa mumbled as she crawled into bed with you.

She wanted to stay awake with you longer. You're staying the night at her house for the very first time and she had just turned a movie on that she knows you love!

She wished that she could stay awake with you all through the night, but her long day at work had worn her out.

"That's alright. You can go to sleep. I'm getting kinda tired myself." You said and combed your fingers through her long, dark locks. "It's fine." You assured her and a smile crept onto your face upon feeling her lips brush against your cheek.

The lights were off but she had just turned on the movie, so you figured she'd at least leave the tv on for you.

But your heart started to hammer in your chest when you saw her reach for the remote.

"Wait!" You said suddenly causing Hwasa to quickly turn to look at you.

"What is it?" She asked worriedly. She was obviously startled and concerned. You looked... scared, almost.

"Can you keep it on?" You nodded toward the tv. Hwasa looked back at it then at you with a sleepy chuckle.

"I thought you said you were tired?" She dropped the remote on her lap and caressed your cheek. "You look tired." She said, making you sigh sadly. "If it's the movie then you can always stay tomorrow too. We can finish it then."

You shook your head quickly. "It's not that, Hwasa. I just don't want you to turn it off. I won't be able to sleep if you do." You mumbled to which she frowned.

"Why not, baby? Do you not feel good? Did you change your mind about staying here?"

You shook your head again and rested your gaze on your hand that was on your lap.

"I love being with you, Hwasa. Staying the night with you is something I've been wanting to do for so long now. Going home is the last thing I wanna do." You said. "But I'm really scared of the dark."

Hwasa cooed and brushed her thumb along your cheek. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't tell many peope. Most people dont seem to understand why." You said sadly.

"Well I'm not most people. I understand, baby. I'm sorry if I made you feel nervous by almost turning the tv off. If it makes you feel more comfortable, I'll play the movie on a loop so the tv will stay on for you throughout the night."

Your eyes lit up as your heart began to beat normally again. The anxiety you had felt was beginning to dwindle.

"I'd like that. Maybe we can watch it together till we fall asleep." You suggested with a smile on your face. Hwasa placed the remote back on her bedside table and opened her arms for you to crawl into, which you happily did.

"Sure thing, baby girl." She tightened her arms around you and tangled your legs together to make sure you were as close as can be.

She could tell you were starting to feel better judging by the look in your eyes and how content you seemed to be. "Hey," she whispered.

You tilted your head up to look into her big brown eyes. She tucked a lock of your hair behind your ear.

Her eyes held a look of sincerity.

"Don't ever be afraid or ashamed to tell me things like this. I care about you and I want you to feel as comfortable as you feel right now everytime you're here with me."

You nodded and pecked her cheek quickly.

"Okay. I will. But just so you know, I don't feel better now only because you left some kind of light on for me; you being here and holding me close makes me feel a lot better." You said as you laid your head on her chest and closed your eyes.

Hwasa gazed down at you with bright eyes. She let her head fall back onto her pillows as her heart swelled with love for you.

"I'm happy to hear that. Sweet dreams, y/n." She whispered and drifted off to sleep.