Tenth

Nandini

'What happened after that? What was in that envelope?'
I asked out of curiosity. Honestly he seems annoying from what Navya told, but I didn't get any such negative vibes.

Navya got up and reached the almirah. She took out an envelope from the inside drawer. Perhaps the same envelope Cabir gave her.

She placed that infront of me and I opened it instantly.

What was inside left me shocked and amazed. There was a childhood picture of Navya in the form of a pastel sketch. Noticing a sketch, my eyes moved to the bottom and the signature of the same person who I thought it would be left me stunned.

Manik's signature. The same which were on Maddy's sketch.

I looked at her as if looking for an explanation. Since this all happened before I even returned from Virginia and she was the same person who took me to Manik.

Did she meet Manik before that already?

If not, Manik must be knowing her since he drew her sketch. He didn't say anything about this.

'What is this, Navya?' I asked.

'I didn't know anything about Manik then but I loved this sketch. So, I met Cabir again. Remember, when you returned from Virginia and we were discussing about Maddy's gift and I told you that I was trying to move on. That was because of him. Cabir was treating me so well. Just the way, I wanted Harshad to treat me.'
She said and sighed. I eyed her to continue.

'Before the day, you landed Midcross, I saw a few pictures of sketches in Dad's phone with the same Manik's signature. So I asked him out of curiosity about the same and he told me about Manik being in jail and his sketches going for exhibition. Then I met you the next day and you know the rest.'
She told and placed the envelope back in the drawer.

'What did Cabir do in all this? Why are you mad at him?'
I asked perplexed.

'When you met Manik for the second time and I couldn't accompany you, I went on a date with Cabir. He got me roses, took me to this really beautiful place and even sang for me. We danced alongwith his vocals. It was amazing.'
She said with a smile.

'Navya, come to the point na, you're making it look like he's your prince charming'
I said utterly annoyed.

Here she is smiling remembering moments spent with him and just a while before she was crying over the flowers he sent.

Over the top of everything how is Manik related?

Can we get him out of jail?

Or does Navya know something about his case?

I want to ask everything at once but I don't want to make her cry again.

'I'm telling you everything just for you to get a clear picture. Anyway, we are almost at the anticlimax.'
She said and continued.

'So I told him on the ride back home about how I met Manik to know how he's related to him.

Manik is his brother.

That's what he told me. But then, he asked me something which left me extremely shocked. We had reached my home by then. He asked if I could get Manik out of jail with the help of my father. I left from there and am avoiding him since then.'

She started sobbing again. I, myself didn't know what to say. She got her heart broken all over again.

'He did all this for his brother, Nandini. He didn't like me, forget loving me. I was just a mission for him so that he could get his brother out of jail.'
She said sniveling.

I hugged her trying to calm her down and out of nowhere, we heard a sound of something breaking from the living room.

'Is someone else at home?'
I asked her and she nodded her head in negative.

I fished the pepper spray out of my sling bag and we ran towards living room but there was no one.

We checked kitchen and all the rooms and finally asked the guard but he also didn't see anyone entering.

So we returned to our room only to be surprised.

I so want to hug that teddy for once thinking that I don't know it's given by Cabir but owing to Navya's mood, I can already see this teddy going straight to the store room

Wrong timing Cabir.

Tere kaarwa me
shamil hona chahu

Kamiyaa taraash k
main kabil hona chahu

Ve ki karaan
Ve ki karaan

And Cabir appeared from the dressing room. So he was hiding there and we were finding him in the whole house. Obviously he entered from somewhere guard couldn't see. Whatever might be, his choice of songs and voice is damn amazing.

'What are you doing here?'
Navya screamed on the top of her voice.

Sorry best friend for appreaciating someone you possibly hate.

'I don't know, I'm not going to leave without explaining myself.'
he said and sat on the couch.

'Get up from there or I'll call the guard'
she said shooting daggers at him. If only looks could kill.

'Oh punishment, not a problem, I'll explain myself while standing.'
he said and stood up.

'You both can sit though' he told us. What?

'Leave right now' Navya said

'I already told you, I won't. Call whoever you want to.'
he said.

'Are you daring me to?'
she asked raising her brows with her nose flared.

'No Navya, just listen to me for once.' he said.

'Navya, just listening is no harm.'
I said in a low voice.

'Fine'
she said and sat on the bed folding her legs indian style placing her palm on her chin.

'I'll wait in the living room.'
I said to give them privacy.

'No, stay here, you anyway know everything.'
she said and pulled me to sit beside her.

Cabir sat on couch sensing he has his last chance to say whatever he wants to.

'Stand'
Navya shrieked and he stood, actually almost jumped in the attention position.

Author's note:

Hey everyone, how're you doing?

I'm really sorry for uploading this late. I'm just so much loaded with college assignments. Will try to post next chapter soon.

How do you like the story going so far?

Do you think Cabir is at fault here?

What do you think Cabir has in his mind to say?

Please vote, comment, suggest and share.