Prologue

'Mom, I'm telling you, Manik has done nothing wrong to you, so let him live like a human being. Stop shouting at him everytime you see him.'
Nandini said in her high pitched voice.

'This is my house and I'll decide who will live here. We never needed a guest here.' Her mother replied in equally sharp voice.

'This is my house as well and Manik will live here only.' Nandini said and left to her room where she had asked manik to sit for the time being as she dealt with her mother.

Manik was fiddling his phone with a worried expression and as soon as Nandini entered he said,

'I'll leave as soon as I find a place'

'You can live here for your whole life, Manik.' she said with a sigh.

'I just don't want to be a burden.' Manik told her without meeting her eyes.

'Friends are family. And in your case, we need to find a country, place won't work' she replied, to which he chuckled with a sigh and a nod.

'It has already been a month Nandini, I guess I should just go back to where I belong.' Manik said in a low voice.

'No, just focus on your passion right now and leave all this. These are just small problems. Let them be. I'll figure out something.' Nandini said in a soft voice.

'And what about your boyfriend then.' he asked.

'I don't know how will he react, I just don't want him to know right now. My mom is enough to deal with.' she said and smiled slightly.

'Yeah, one person at a time' Manik gave her a tight smile.

Author's note:
Hey guys, do vote and tell me in comments your views on this.