Seventh

Nandini

So today is the day I've been waiting for since so long. Its Maddy's birthday. Finally I'll meet him after so long. Since the time I came back from Virginia, I've been giving him excuses so that his birthday surprise stays hidden. Obviously he must be expecting something for today but still surprises are just meant to be surprises and I just love to see that happy and surprised look on his face. So I've planned a kinda romantic date for us in the evening, like just the two of us thing.

In the morning itself I sent him a tux with a note which read,

I know you must be waiting to see me since so long. Just wait a little more. Enjoy your birthday with your friends till then because I'm taking away the evening.
Happy birthday
Love,
Nandini

Yesterday, I sent Navya to get the sketch from Manik with an excuse of being busy with the birthday preparations. Seeing him again after our last meet just didn't fit right. After I reached home, the conversation I shared with him repeated in my mind several times which just doesn't go well with me I guess. So not to mess more with my mind, I decided to stay out of this situation.

Though genuinely, I wanted to see Manik. I still have those questions pondering in the back of my mind and my subconscious telling me that maybe he needs to be out of that seven by seven cell. I even looked up for his case on internet but I didn't find anything relevant. All I could find is that he was some high profile doctor and hence his sources made the news invisible for people.

Fairly, this screamed dirt to me and my intellect screamed to not get involved into this before you begin your career. And hence, it seemed appropriate to never meet him again.

Anyway, I should keep the vibes positive today. No thinking about anything except your hot boyfriend Nandini.

Applying a last stroke of blush, I wore my stilettos and gave a last look at myself and trust me I'm pretty satisfied with my look.

I drove to the venue after confirming that my chauffeur has reached to pick Maddy. I told him to take the longer route so that I can reach first. I mean it won't look good if I'll be late for the date organised by me.

I reached the venue, it was a beautiful rooftop restaurant of which I've booked a portion which is kind of covered with glass and curtains from the side to give some privacy and from the other side you can see the entire Midcross wrapped in a blanket of embellishing night lights.