Fourth

Nandini's Pov:

It has already been two days since we met Manik and decided on the sketch thing. The classes for senior year have finally started and the time table is fully packed. I met Maddy yesterday on the way back home from college at his place and got to know that he was leaving for States today in the morning for a conference which means he has already left since currently I'm sitting in this class waiting for the boring lecture to be over. If it was not for attendance, I would've never thought of attending these classes. Thankfully we've lunch break after this, so I've to just tolerate this for thirty minutes more.

All of a sudden, I feel the bun stick from my hair coming out, leaving my hair loose. What the heck?

I turned back to see Arya with a grin on his face.

I glared at him murmuring a 'what' and in return he just grinned. I tried to take the bun stick from his hand but he didn't let me take it. Now this is annoying. I glared at him while he continued grinning. Amazing! I got up and was almost going to smack his head when,

"Miss Murthy, Care to explain what's distracting you in the class?"

Shit now this stupid professor is surely not giving me attendance for the lecture. Good going.

When I didn't reply, he continued,
"Or let me rephrase it, you yourself are the distraction. Am I right or I'm right?"

I shot a look at Arya and looked down,

"Get out of the class, Miss Murthy"

Oh god, this is not going any better.

"I'm sorry sir" I said in the hope that he will allow me to sit in the class.

"Not even in your dreams" my subconscious mocked. Argh but its not even my mistake.

"Miss Murthy, please leave."

"No I won't, what is my fault?"

"You were almost going to hit your classmate."

"And you didn't let me do that." and the class laughed.
Damn it why did I say this?

"Detention for a week"

The professor barked and left the room.

How amazing? As if this day can get any better. Note the sarcasm.
Until now I was giving Arya a death stare.

Oh let me introduce this guy to you people, Aryaman Khanna. Basically we used to have same elective class in first semester and we interacted a bit at that time and now after almost three years he is making an appearance since we've a same class again which I just got to know few minutes back but now that he has got me a week long detention, I don't even want to call him an acquaintance.
I scowled at him and stormed out of the class whereas he is following me now.

"Nandini listen"

"Go away Arya"

"Hey you remember my name, I feel important."

I didn't reply him and went to sit in the cafeteria and this guy sat in front of me. Some amazing guts he has got. I looked at him and he smiled making me roll my eyes.

"Are these eyes of yours going to do all the talking, till now you were glaring at me and now you're rolling your eyes. What more they can do?"

"Haha, very funny" I faked a laugh and he actually laughed at my expense.

"What do you want Arya?" I asked being infuriated.

"Lemme think" he said as if he is actually thinking.

"How about lunch with you?"

"I generally have lunch with my best friend." I replied, I don't want to tolerate him for even a minute more. Period.

"Yeah, the world knows your best friend Navya, I don't have any problem if she joins us." he declared sniggering.

"It'll be you joining me and Navya, not the other way around." I said stating the fact quoting in the air.

"Means you don't have any problem in me joining you guys."

"When did I say that."

"Just a second before."

"Arghhh... You're getting on my nerves."

"My pleasure ma'am."

I was about to pull his hair out of his head when..

"Nandini, no violence in college."
Navya interrupted as if teasing me.

Why is everyone interrupting at the wrong timings today? First the professor and now her. Such a nice day. Instead of continuing this stupid bickering, I ignored them and went to order my lunch.

Thank heavens, I reached early, there is no queue for lunch till now. I was about to order when my phone ringed.

"Hello"
"Pizza for me and burger for Arya."
"Who told you I'm ordering for you people?"
And instead of replying, this girl has the audacity to hang up on me.

After lots of squabbling, lunch ended. Basically Navya and Arya had teamed up against me with a say that they people are more fun and outgoing than me. Now I'm waiting for Navya in the college parking since we've to leave together to visit Manik to see the progress of Maddy's birthday gift.

"Hey" She said and I nodded and moved to sit inside the car but she just stood there.

"Navya stop tapping your foot and sit inside. We've to leave."
She looked at me nervously.

"Nandini we've a problem."

"Don't tell me Manik declined for the sketch."

"Oh no, its just that I've a date and I can't go with you."

"Oh not a problem, we can visit him tomorrow."

"No no, you visit him since I may not be available tomorrow."

"Navya, they won't let me in without you."

"No, they will, I told Dad about you."

"Ohkaayy"

Author's Note:
Hey guys, I know I'm super late. Hope you remember me but now I'll update on time. Do vote and let me know in the comments about the chapter. Also, what do you want to see next in the story since I was pretty confused when I started writing this after so long
Thank you for reading.
Xoxo