Eighth

Nandini

I don't understand what's happening with my mind. Never in my life I was ever bothered about love but now I don't know why I'm thinking so much about this four lettered word that I'm not able to focus on the class.

Has it ever happened with you that you're looking at someone and your brain is entirely somewhere else. That's happening with me. I didn't realize that I was staring at the professor while my brain was thinking all the possible reasons why Maddy and I never said the so called three magical words to each other and on the other hand my subconscious was repeatedly telling me that what if Manik is innocent. I don't know why I can't get Manik out of my head. Everything is getting mixed up.

I realized my surroundings when Arya nudged me from beside and I saw the professor blushing while looking at me. I raised my brows at Arya and he scribbled on his notebook,

Love is in the air

I took his pen and wrote there,

And shit is in your brain

And he just smirked. Like seriously. I ignored him and looked at board trying to study. But no, that is also not possible. Because between me and the board, there is a professor who is looking at me with a sly smile.

Thank god, the lecture bell rang and I just ran out of the class and out of the college with Arya following me. Well, let me tell you guys, he himself has made his mind that he's my best friend. And as soon as I entered the class today, he literally screamed, hey bestie and that was a bit embarrassing with everyone looking at me. But that was not enough, he again almost shouted, Here, I saved the seat for you. And without looking at everyone, I just sat beside him muttering curses.

I turned around as soon as I reached the parking to ask him what does he want but he was already going towards his car as if he was not following me from class till here. I glared at his back and sat inside the car banging the door. Though I really need to bang my head somewhere instead. I called Navya but she was not receiving. So I just drove to Cross Cafe leaving her a voicemail to meet.

Getting my ordered coffee I sat on the corner most couch when I heard a guitar tune playing and some light humming and as I turned there was this literally good looking man who started singing softly,

Hath tham le piya
Karte hai waada
Ab se tu aarzoo
Tu hi hai iraada

The voice was just so mesmerizing and soothing to my ears that I couldn't help but smile and the lyrics were like cherry on the top.

Mera naam le piya
Main teri rubaai
Tere hi to piche piche
Barsaat aayi..
Barsaat aayi...

Till now his gaze was fixed at just one place but there was a lot crowd on that side that I couldn't make out the exact person he was looking at. Perhaps, must be his girlfriend.

Tu itr itr sa mere
Saanson me bikhar jaa
Main fakir tere qurbat ka
Tujhse tu mangu re

Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh me aake bas ja
Ji or teri shehnaai
Us or main bhagu re

He finished the song and moved towards the place where he was looking till now with so much adoration in his eyes that the smile couldn't go off from my lips. I wonder what the girl there must be feeling right now.

I sipped the coffee when suddenly I heard a banging sound and as I looked a little up, my eyes bulged out of my sockets. The girl in front of the man who just sang the song banged her hands on the table and screamed,

I hate you!

But that's not the thing which shocked me. Huh! Its common between couples to fight. The shocking thing here is the girl.
The girl right there is none other than my best friend, NAVYA.

I collected my sling and mobile and ran after her who was by now running out of the cafe. Thank god, for making this a rooftop cafe that she has to use stairs to reach her car or probably I should thank the owner.

But right now, Navya is my priority. I'll thank the owner some other time. Noted.

'Navya'
I called but she was too busy running away as if I was some cop.

As I was stepping down the stairs, I sensed someone behind me and obviously he was the same guy with nice voice. Oh, she wasn't running away from me but the guy.

Thankfully, we both reached in front of her before she could drive away.

'What are you doing here'
she asked confused.

'Let me breathe first, you certified athlete'
I replied and noticed her shooting daggers behind me to the same guy. Damn I've to know his name first. Till how long I'm going to call him 'the guy with nice voice'.

'So basically, this is a public place, which pretty much defines why I'm here. Obviously for a nice coffee.' I replied raising my brows asking for an explanation for this unknown man behind me.

'Get inside the car' she said.

'I drove here, I'll follow' I replied.

'Navya, I'm just asking for a normal conversation.' the unknown guy said but without replying him, she got inside the car. The guy looked at me with some hope but, sorry man, my best friend is my priority right now.

I gave him an apolegetic smile and jogged towards my car.

We reached her place and right now she's just emptying her ice cream tub and I'm waiting for her to talk since last half an hour.

The door bell rang and she ran towards the door as if she was expecting the bell to ring since long. I ran after her but there was no one but just a bouquet.

As we returned her room with a bouquet of stargazers in her hands, her eyes started watering. Now this is seriously confusing.

I made her sit on the corner of the bed and hugged her stroking her hair. I myself don't know the entire situation, so I can't really say anything.

First her being mad on a guy, then she almost knows that she's going to recieve flowers or probably something else, then she's crying.

After few moments, she was a little calm, so I said,

'Navya, you want to say something?'

'I'll just go and wash my face'
She said and went inside the washroom.

I took the bouquet in my hands and obviously a note fell out of it.
A sorry note which said,

Can we please start over again? I'm not asking for a romantic something because clearly, I don't deserve it but still we can become friends or at least aquaintances.
I'm sorry

I heard the sound of the door knob and I hid the note beneath the bouquet which was on the nightstand. I don't mean to hide it from her but it's just I don't want to see her cry once more. So, she can see the note once she is a little normal.

She sat on the other side of bed and sighed as if preparing herself to tell. I wonder what has happened between her and the guy in a few days because last time I met was Maddy's birthday and she was pretty much fine till then.

'His name is Cabir'

'We met at the grocery store few days before you came back from Virginia.'

Author's note:

Hey guys,
Hope you all are safe at home.
So this is the earliest I've posted another chapter and hope you people enjoyed reading.

Who expected the singer to be Cabir and girl on the other side Navya?

Why do you think Navya is upset?

Inline comments please ♥ ♥
Please vote and share.