Seventeenth

Nandini
(Unedited)

It has been a week since my parents got to know about me dating and they have been unusually calm about the situation. I'd thought it would be totally an uphill climb having such a discussion with my parents but fortunately or unfortunately it turned out to be a cake walk.

One of the reasons might be Maddy being settled and from a well to do background, or another can be they themselves dated back in their time in college. I don't really know exactly but I'm glad they didn't create a scene about it. And, not to forget, since that day, my mom has been teasing me constantly, because in her opinion, she missed out on a lot and honestly she did, but she's still amazing.

And now, Maddy is my personal chauffeur, providing me pick and drop facilities between home and college saying that this way at least, we are beginning and ending our day together.

But today is a different day. I told Maddy to not pick me for college, saying I'll be driving myself since I've some shopping to do which is completely a lie.

Yesterday Siddharth called me to inform about arranging a meet with Manik. So today is The day.

Siddharth told me that the chief, as in Navya's Dad is leaving today at 5 in the evening for about a week for checking some maintenance activities in the capital town.

At such times, Siddharth is left to be the in charge. So he has access to CCTVs which he can easily forge, considering he is from the IT background. That's what he did when I was in the jail with Manik locked for a night.

And, now that I think of it, it feels highly illegal, but I still can't kill this urge in myself to meet him. I hope today I get to know something substantial though.

'Good Morning Mom' I greeted as I sat on the dining table and the view in front of me got my eyes wide open.

On the kitchen island, I see my lovely boyfriend flipping pancakes, in his crisp black suit. No God, this is unacceptable.

I've to drive myself today. Manik!!

'Good morning Nandini, see how sweet Maddy is. I was having a bit headache and he offered to make pancakes.' She chirped while saying pancakes in a sing-song way.

That wasn't dramatic at all!

'Meds?' I asked as I took out a painkiller from my handbag. I know her. She'll have headache for the whole day but not take painkillers.

I passed her the tablet with a glass of water and moved towards the kitchen island to deal with something which was tad bit more concerning.

'Good morning' I said while back hugging him.

'Good morning sweetheart' he replied while flipping the pancake. I so want to eat that pancake first and then tell him to go away since I still want to go college alone.

'You didn't see my text' I said as I shifted beside him leaning on the counter.

'I thought of accompanying my girlfriend to shopping' he said so sweetly leaving me with no reasons to deny.

Focus Nandini!

'And what about your work?' I asked contemplating what else can I say.

'Your shopping is planned for the evening right, after college. I get free the same time.' he told me the obvious.

'Who told you this?' I said out of the blue and he gave me a look.

'I've half day at college. Post lunch classes are canceled. That's why I planned shopping.' I said catching my breath back which I was holding back, god knows from how long.