Chapter 105

September 1999

Lee was doing some shopping for Ana since she was starting school in some weeks, she felt accomplished and happy with her life. Having Ana was a dream came true and being able to see her grow and learn had been amazing. The little girl was a troublemaker, like her father, but so caring at the same time, Ana really put Lee to test.

While strolling down the street, Leslie bumped into someone.

I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Lee said trying to clean the mess she made out the suit of the man she bumped into.

It's okay! The man stopped. Lee?

Lee deviated her gaze from his suit, and finally took a look at the man's face.

Dyrk!? She was surprised.

-

I'm happy to hear you are doing fine after such tragedy! Dyrk said.

After their encounter, Dyrk invited Lee for a cup of tea to chat.

Yes! Alexander's death really took a tool on me, especially with such a young child...

I still can't believe you are a mother! Both laughed.

And you? How's life? Lee asked shaking friendly the man's shoulder.

Well, I still live at your house! Lee laughed. With my lovely wife, Donna, and my 3 kids, Jake, Sofie and my eldest Franz. He said showing a Christmas photo of the five that he had on his wallet. Lee was able to recognize her's and Roger old fireplace.

Oh my god! Such a beautiful family! I'm so happy, congratulations!

Thank you! It was because of you that I met Donna actually... Dyrk blushed.

What? Me? She was confused.

Yes, after you broke up with me, I was a mess... I started drinking and... Well, a mess! He giggled.

I'm so sorry... Lee started to remember how awful she was when she broke up with him. I really am...

Oh no! That's okay! You were right! We had nothing in common and our breakup was inevitable! So, Donna was a waitress at the bar that I usually go, and we started talking and yeah... Dyrk showed a huge smile.

That makes me so happy Dyrk, truly!

Lee putted her hand on top of his and carry on talking.

-

Roger was taking a peaceful walk through the London streets and looking at the stores windows when he spotted a familiar face inside a cafe.

Could it be? He said to himself. It is.

His face beamed when he realised it was indeed Lee but rapidly stop when he noticed with whom she was and how intimate they looked.

I need to stop doing this. He thought as he turned his back to the door and strolled away.

_____________________________________________

for those who don't remember, that's Dyrk on the cover ;)