Chapter 94

I'm so sorry, I feel the dumbest person in what regards you... I should have loved you wholeheartedly!!!

Lee woke up confused and seated herself straight on her bed.

Lee?! Is everything okay? Alexander asked waking up too.

Yes... I've just had the strangest dream... Lee cleared her head. Sorry I waked you up!

That's alright! How are my two girls this morning? Alexander caressed Lee's belly while she snugged his side.

Very well!

-

Maddie and Luc along with their toddler Adelaine, moved from Paris to London earlier that year, and for Lee's birthday, Maddie organized a tea party for her friend in her backyard.

Really, Lee... This al-situation could only happen to you! Maddie laughed.

Oh, when we said that we didn't know I was pregnant, the nurse's face turn white like she had just saw a pack of wolves!! Lee tried not to laugh.

Have you figured when that baby was made? Alex said sipping her tea.

Always so subtle Alex... The host rolled her eyes.

I'm sorry... I'm curious, that's all!

I know Alex! But no... I know it was either in November or December, but who knows at this point? Lee took a bite of a scone.

In November you were in Austria, weren't you? Alex pointed.

Lee shook her head positively without taking her eyes off a scone she was preparing with jam and clotted cream.

Well, then it was not in November... Alexander stayed in Scotland... Maddie concluded.

Maybe Lee had other party partner... Maddie hit Alex on the arm. I'm kidding! Jesus...

Right after Alex mentioned a "party partner", Lee thought of Roger. Her mind took her through a chain of events of the night of November 19th, the invitation, the groupie incident, Roger walking her to the hotel. And that led her to a "new" memory. Lee stood up very quickly.

Lee? Is everything okay? Maddie asked.

The pregnant woman didn't respond.

What have I done?!

-

London, March 29, 1993

Hello diary,

I have been worried... It's bothering me the fact that I don't remember everything about the concert night... But then I was fine with it! But now, I had this dream... I don't know if it was a dream, it seem so real... Either way, it was Roger apologising to me in, what it seem, my hotel bed! And today, at Maddie's house, I think I remember other thing... Much more serious! That might put my marriage at risk...