Chapter 18

It was December 1972. The Christmas week. Lee was doing some cleaning before leaving for Watford.

Good morning sunshine! Roger said as he left the room.

Good morning sleeping beauty! How are you this morning? Lee was now putting away the broom.

I could be better If you have stayed in the bed! Roger put Lee's face in his hand and kissed her.

Someone had to clean up this house before the holidays...

Roger sat his self by the kitchen table having some cereal.

By the way, I wanted to ask you something...

What babe?

Lee sit opposite to him.

I know you spend Christmas with your mum and sister but... my mum's birthday is in the 22nd and I really wanted for you to come with me...!

Roger choked a little on his cereal.

You mean... meet your parents?

Well, yeah... you'll get to meet them... you don't want to?

He looked thoughtful.

If you don't wanna meet my parents, it's okay... Lee was a little disappointed.

No! No... I really want to meet them! I was only a little surprised, I wasn't expecting it! Roger got up and went to Lee.

Are you sure you wanna meet my parents? If you want to spend Christmas with your mu-

No! We are going to spend the holidays with your family! Only if... you come spend the New Year's Eve at my ma's house!

Lee was very excited.

Yes! Yes of course I will! She kissed him. I love you so much!

I love you even more!

They look at each other eyes for some minutes. You make me feel so good.

Alright babe! Even though I love looking at your silly little face, I have to go out and buy the last Christmas presents!

Okay handsome! Don't be late for lunch!

Roger left. After an hour, Lee left the flat that Roger and she had rented after Lee's flat lease ended.

It was cold, and the sky was white. It is definitely gonna snow later. Lee got to the phone booth.

She opened the door and entered the booth and started dialling a number.

Hello. A woman's voice answered.

Hi mum, it's Lee!

Lee! How are you my darling?

Very good! What about you and dad?

Well! We miss you a lot!

I know mum, me too! Tomorrow night I'll be home with you!

It's gonna feel so good to have you here! The house feels so empty!

Oh mum! Don't say that!

Lee waited a second before speaking again.

By the way, I'm gonna bring someone with me tomorrow, is that okay?

Of course, Lee, is it Alex?

No! It's actually... my boyfriend!

Boyfriend? Leslie Santos! How am I only knowing this now?

Well hadn't found the right moment... so is that okay?

Yes, it is Lee... But you're sleeping separately!

Okay mum! Lee laughed.

Bye dear!

Bye mum!

That went pretty well I guess...

She left the phone booth and run home as it had already started snowing.

Lee opened the door and Roger's coat wasn't on the rack. He must be late. She went to the room and got her bag from the closet and started pack.

Let's put some music...

Lee got her "Please Please Me" album by The Beatles and put it on the record player. She skipped to track number 3.

John Lennon's guitar started echoing in the room right before his screams. Twist and Shout was her favourite song.

Well, shake it up, baby, now

Twist and shout

Come on, come on, come, come on, baby, now

Come on and work it on out

Well, work it on out, honey

You know you look so good

You know you got me goin' now

Just like I know you would

Lee was dancing while putting some clothes on the bag when Roger entered home and heard music. He followed the sound and saw Lee doing the twist while folding clothes. He stopped by the door and watched her.

Well, shake it up, baby, now

Twist and shout

Come on, come on, come, come on, baby, now

Roger went up to Lee, almost scaring her, and hold her by the waist and sang with John Lennon.

You know you twist, little girl

You know you twist so fine

Come on and twist a little closer now

And let me know that you're mine

Roger's screamed mixed with Lennon's pretty well and made Lee laugh. When she looked at Roger again, he was looking straight into her eyes. Oh my god, where have you been all my life. His eyes travelled from her's to her lips, biting his own. Lee gave him a little smile sort of say yes, and he kissed her.

The soft kiss escalated into a harder one, and they started to make out. Roger started pushing Lee into the bed by trying to remove the bag that was on top of it. The trolley landed on the floor with a big bang throwing Lee's clothes everywhere but neither of them broke the kiss to look at it.

Roger begin to put his hand under Lee's dress making his way to her hip while the other hand was on her face. Lee's arm were around Roger's neck and her legs around his torso.

Suddenly, he took off his hands and put them in her back, beginning to unzip her dress. When it was unzipped, Lee took her arms of the dress and Roger took it through her legs, throwing it on the floor. He stopped and look at her body that only had underwear and quickly took his shirt.

You're beautiful. He said taking another look at her before starting to kiss her again.

You're gonna be the death of me.

_______________________________________________

It's getting hot in here...