Chapter 90

Lee walked through the crowd of young people feeling very misplaced. I haven't come clubbing in years... Everybody was jumping and singing so she couldn't see the stage, but she could spot a head full of curly hair that was bouncing to the beat of the guitar.

By the end, Lee went backstage but was stopped by the security.

Wo gehst du hin? The man said in a strong quick german.

Sorry? Eventhough Lee dated a german man and had to deal with him sometimes talking in german, she couldn't understand a thing.

Where you going, lady? The muscular man asked arrogantly.

Backstage! She showed the card that was around her neck.

Yeah, nice try... Step aside, please! The man pushed her to the side.

No, excuse me! I was invited by the band! Roger Taylor!! From Queen! Lee said trying to make the man understand.

The security man looked to Lee up and down and finally said.

Aren't you a little bit old to be a groupie? He showed a smug.

She was dumbfounded. Lee hadn't been call a groupie in more than 20 years... She tried to respond to the man, but her mouth was left open.

Sorry lad, she's with us! A blonde man appeared behind the big security.

Are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure... Roger showed an angry face to the man, and he let Lee pass him.

Roger hugged Lee's side and she stood very still. Being that close to Roger still sent shivers down her spine.

Sorry about that! Roger smiled softly.

No problem! Somehow, I'm still used to be called a groupie... Roger looked at her with sad eyes. I'm kidding!! She laughed. Kind of...

Lee reunited with Brian and chatted a little. By 2:30am, Lee have had a couple of drinks and was feeling rather tipsy.

Oh no, when Freddie told me that he took Princess Diana to a gay bar dressed like a man, I rolled in the floor laughing! Lee was on the sofa next to Roger with her leg on top of his.

Brian had left first, and the band was leaving member by member, until there were just Lee and Roger in the room.

Looks like everyone have gone home! Roger said opening a beer and giving it to Lee.

Yeah, I should be going to! Lee stood up but tripped on the second step she gave.

Roger caught her and laughed.

I'm not letting you go on your own at these hours and in this state! Come on drunk lady, I'll walk you home!

The drummer didn't let Lee respond. In 15 minutes, they were at Lee's hotel lobby.

Roger pressed the button that called the lift, and both were waiting.

I remember the first time I took you home because you were too drunk... He said with a small smile.

Ah, really? She doubt it.

Yes, June 25th, 1971!

Lee open her eyes wide at Roger surprised that he remembered the day precisely.

Wh- How do you remember that?

It was the day that I realised I fancied you... Roger looked embarrassed.

Lee didn't know what to say and was saved by the lifts "ding".

Well, good night Lee! He said turning around.

Roger was already at the reception when Lee gained courage. Ah, fuck it...

Roger wait! The woman fastened her pace to get to him. Do you wanna... hang out a little? She felt like a teenager asking a boy out.

The drummer paused for a bit and then agreed.

_____________________________________

mamma mia, here I go again