Chapter 22

Lee, what is going on? You didn't talk to me all dinner... Roger said following Lee into the room, closing the door behind him.

Would you do that to me?

Do what?

Cheat on me!

Roger looked at Lee not knowing what to say.

Of course not! I would never be capable of such thing...

I don't know Roger; you were seeing me while dating Jo!

That was different, you are different...

No, don't begin to say that I'm different and bullshit... I know you cheated on Jo multiple times on your shows, way before me!

Roger didn't know what to say, his past was not on his favour.

Roger... I really love you! And I just wanna know if this is worth it and you are not going to hurt me by cheating on me...

I could never, Lee! Not to you... Do you have any idea how good you are to me?

This is not the time to talk about the sex...

No! I'm not talking about that! Roger seated next to Lee on the bed. You are good to me! I've been writing so many songs and melodies because you inspire me, everything about you! Jo never had that effect on me... I liked her, truly! But not how I love you!

Lee looked into Rogers eyes and she knew he was telling the truth.

How could I ever doubt you? I'm sorry Roger... I know you care about me! I'm just making a big scene out of nothing... But when your sister talked about the two girlfriends you had at the same time... I questioned myself!

I understand, I don't have the most wonderful past but I'm older now, I know how to differ the good from the bad! He looked at her and putted his hand on her face. I would never be capable of hurt you!

They kissed.

You know... Roger said between the kiss. These walls are really thick... We could do anything, and my mum and sister would never know... He started putting his hand underneath her blouse.

No, Roger... She giggle as she removed his hand from her blouse. That's too risky.

C'mon baby! He continued to kiss her.

Roger c'mon... She stood up. Let's go on a walk! Show me Truro.

Okay...

They left.

31st December 1972

C'mon everyone, it's almost midnight! Winifred said as she distributed the flutes.

Calm down mum, it's just 1973!

I know Clare! But I'm so happy to have my babies here, and Lee of course! The girl blushed as Roger hugged her side.

Let's go folks! It's time for 1973! The man from the radio shouted.

10, 9, 8,

Lee, I just wanna tell you that you are an amazing person...

7, 6, 5,

And I'm really happy for having you on my life...

4, 3, 2, 1...

I love you!

Happy 1973!

As the radio announced the new year, Roger kissed Lee. And it was a kiss like no other, it was passionate, intimate and comforting. Lee was so happy for having him in her life too, she couldn't see herself without him or not at least having him by her side. Yet, she couldn't tell Roger how she felt because of how all these emotions were so overwhelming.

Lee looked deep in his eyes for the second time this evening. She felt so involved by the blue of his eyes. She wasn't capable of living without him. Lee realised that now. She was comfortable with the drowning sensation she felt every single time she looked into his ocean-like eyes.

______________________________________________

Should Lee be worried about Roger's past? What do you think?