Chapter 20

"Dear Maddie,

I'm thrilled to hear that you and Luc are getting along so well! The house you talked about sounds amazing! And I think you should take the job offer, even if it doesn't work out, at least you gain some experience!

I'm writing this letter from Watford, from my parents' house. I came for my mums birthday and I'll stay for Christmas. Roger came with me! He was a little nervous for meeting my parents but, since the awkward phase went by, they are inseparable! He is always talking to my dad about sports and my mum thinks he's adorable! Honestly, I can't blame her...

Speaking of progress, last night me and Roger had sex for the first time. It happened so naturally; I don't know why I was stressing so much about it! He was really sweet for waiting 'till I was ready because I'm sure with the groupies he used to spend the night with, he wasn't that thoughtful...

Anyways, I'm planning on passing by your folks house tomorrow morning, I'll tell how they are in the next letter!

I hope this letter finds you (and Luc) healthy and happy.

Lee x

Ps: I'm DYING to meet Luc!"

Lee closed the letter and put it in an envelope and made a note to herself to dropping the letter later in the post office.

Lee, the food is on the table! Lee's mother shouted from downstairs.

-

Oh, this food... is... amazing! I see where Lee takes from her gift of cooking! Roger said with his mouth full.

Thank you but actually it was my husband that cooked! The lady spoke.

Oh, I didn't know! Then congratulations Mr. Santos! The food is delicious!

Boy, just call me Jorge!

Roger shook his head in acceptance.

So, darling! Tell me, how you're doing in your job?

Before Lee could answer, Roger spoke.

Oh, she's doing amazing! She really has a natural gift for managing!

Lee bumped her leg in his for him to shut up.

Managing? Lee's father asked confused.

Yes... She's managing my band... Didn't she tell you? Roger looked at her.

Sweetie, when you told us you had find a job you liked, we thought it was in a restaurant or something, you know... In something related with the major that me and your father worked so hard to pay for...!

Yes, I know! And this is temporary! It's only until they can afford a real manager!

So, they are not paying you? Of what are you living from? The man raised his voice.

We wanted to pay her, but she didn't want it! But we live together, and I provide!

Young man, I don't want to be disrespectful, but this is between us and our daughter... He pointed a finger at Roger.

Dad! Calm down! As I said, this is temporary and I'm still looking for jobs in my field. And Roger is making good money with their album coming out so for now we are good!

Lee, we gave you this education for you to be able to provide for yourself and not living depending on someone!

Mrs. Santos, I don't mean to be disrespectful, and I know you only want the best for your daughter... But I'm more than happy for being able to provide to Lee! I'm sure Lee is going to get a job that fulfilled her, but for now, we are good!

Lee looked at Roger during his speech and she wanted to kiss him more than anything but went for a little grab on his leg instead.

You are one of a kind, Roger Taylor.

____________________________________________

Happy 20th chapter!!!!