Chapter 62

Queen was rehearsing for the next tour, Magic Tour. Roger had just been father for the second time, to a baby girl. Felix, his oldest, has just turned 6 years old.

He couldn't be happier. Being a father brought out a part of him he thought didn't exist.

Unfortunately, his relationship with Dominique wasn't that wonderful. They blamed on the rock star lifestyle.

What's up with you today Roger!? You haven't hit a single note right... Freddie pointed.

I'm sorry... I'm having a bad day!

Let me guess... Dominique... Deaky said not taking his eyes from his bass.

She's not happy that I'm going on tour only a month after Rory was born! But we have a contract to obey... Roger fumed.

You can't blame her... She will be taking care of a 6 year old and a new-born baby alone! Brian said drinking his coffee.

I totally get her! But... I miss the old times... Don't get me wrong, I love my children! But... I don't know...

You miss Lee is what you mean! Freddie fired.

Roger stayed silent. Brian looked straight to him.

Is it true?

I don't know! Roger explode and stood up from his stool, stumbling to the studio couch. Sometimes, I catch myself think of her, trips we've done together...

Here we go again... Deaky sighted. You know you've hurt her tremendously... I don't even know how she forgave you in the first place!

I really fucked up, I'm aware Deaky!

But you can talk to her... Who knows! Freddie lightened a cigarette.

Yes, but Dominique is another problem... I can't simply dump her! We have children in common!

You have to do the things the right way... Talk to her, she must be tired of you getting home late too... Brian handed Roger a glass of water.

Roger accepted the glass, drank from it and remained silent.

Later that day, Roger appeared home late at night, like he have been doing the past month.

He went to the living room and let himself fall on the couch.

When are you going to leave me?

Jesus! Roger jumped on the couch by the sound of Dominique's voice. What are you doing up?

You didn't answer me...

What do you want me to respond?

Dominique sat next to Roger on the couch.

I know you've been unhappy in this relationship. I've been too...

Roger stared at Dominique's dark eyes.

I don't think we thought this through... She laughed tiredly. We've had a great time together... We created two amazing humans! I think we weren't made to be lovers... I really love you and care for you... But I care for me more and if we remain together, we are going to hurt not only ourselves but our children...

Dominique let down a tear. Roger got closer to her and hugged her.

Dominique, you are a tremendous woman and an amazing mother! I agree with you, we are better off as friends! He wiped the tears off her face. I love you!

_________________________________________________________

the right thing to do! ... maybe?