Chapter 48

Lee spent the week at Deaky's because she wasn't capable of staying home and face Roger. She slept in the living room almost all day occasionally doing some cleaning in a way of thanking Deaky and Veronica.

One night, little Robert started crying and Lee went to his room and rocked him in her arms so he could calm down. Veronica admired the scene through the door without Lee noticing.

You're already back? Deaky asked mumbling.

Yes, Robert didn't need me!

What? Why was he crying then?

I don't know... But Lee got there first and calmed him down! He stopped crying immediately!

Deaky showed a tired smile.

He really like her!

In the morning Deaky and Lee talked about the Roger situation. They haven't talked details after she appeared in his house a week ago in the middle of the night.

I'm so sorry Lee! Roger can really be an arse...

Yeah... Do you know if he is going to stay all day at the studio?

He should be, why?

I wanna go get my stuff but don't wanna talk to him... Lee sighted.

Lee, I know he did a horrible thing! But I think you should talk, at least to settle things!

She knew he was right and rolled her eyes in defeat.

We leave the studio at 5pm! See you dummy! Deaky said grabbing his coat and leaving.

At 6pm, Lee entered the driveway of her and Roger's house, admiring the mansion that will be no longer hers.

She parked, and walked to the front door, ringing the bell.

After a couple of minutes, Roger opened the door.

Lee! I haven't seen you in a week! Roger was surprised and relieved at the same time. Deaky told him she was at his house but didn't want to give him any details. Roger and Deaky have been bitter ever since.

Yeah, well... I don't plan to stay either! I just dropped by to peak my things up!

Roger got out of the way, letting her in.

You didn't need to rang... This is still your house!

No, no it is not! You bought it! Not me... Lee went up the stairs going into the closet and started packing. Roger followed her.

Yes, but I gifted it to you! It's yours...

Roger... She stood up. I just want to get my things and leave!

Lee, listen! Roger grabbed her wrist.

Lee looked down to her arm and back to Roger's face indicating him to let her go. He got it and left her. Lee... I know you think I'm a bitch...

You're right...

But I still care for you!

That's a new one...

C'mon Lee... You can keep the house! I have other one in sight either way...

I don't need your lame presents!

Lee! He yelled jump-scaring her. I didn't want this to end like this! I really don't... Please, we have hurt each other enough! Keep the house.

Hurt each other? She laughed. When did I hurt you?

Roger stayed silent.

Was that your excuse when you fuck up and end things? "We have hurt each other enough"? Jeez Roger...

Lee grabbed the big bag and dragged it down the stairs.

I'm sorry Lee! Roger shouted from upstairs. He looked sincere. And tired.

You have been my priority ever since that night at Estate College! You really did good things to me, wonderful things! This past 5 years we grown together... We laughed and helped each other! You help me more than I helped you... And when you needed me and I wanted to help you, you didn't let me! And it isn't your fault! But seeing you so sad and depressed made me feel useless! I couldn't help the love of my life... Can you imagine? The only thing I wanted was for you to get better and happy again!

Lee finally turned around to face Roger, that was already at the bottom of the stairs.

But then I met Dominique... She helped me dealing with your shut down, she made me understand that you needed that! You needed closure! And by letting you have that closure, I was helping you!

I didn't intend to fall in love with her... But I did! And the last thing I wanted was to hurt you! Please! Believe me...

I still care about you a lot, and you will always have a place in my heart...

You were the first girl I deeply loved!

Lee swallowed the tears.

Lee, please take the house!

____________________________________________________________

there's an eye in my tear