Chapter 71

February 1988

Queen have started recording their thirteenth album. Roger had been very busy, between recording sessions with Queen and The Cross, writing nights and taking some time for his kids and Lee.

One weekend, when Roger was picking up Felix and Rory, he and Dominique had a conversation about the legal situation of the children. Since Roger and Dominique have not been married, if anything happened to them, the kids would be considered illegitimate.

After some consideration, both agreed in marrying just to guarantee the future of their kids.

Hello! Roger said.

In the living room!

Roger placed the kids bags on their room while Felix and Rory ran to Lee.

How are my favourite kids? Lee hugged them.

Very good! Can we go to Hyde Park after lunch? Felix asked.

Only if you eat your peas!

Peas? Ew! The boy made a disgusted face.

I like peas! Young Rory said.

-

At lunch, Felix ate his peas, so as promised, the four went for a walk at Hyde Park.

Alright guys, you can go play but be careful! The kids ran off. Felix, keep an eye on Rory! Roger yelled.

Roger and Lee took a seat so they could watch the children comfortably.

Lee, I have something that I need to talk with you!

Go on!

Me and Dominique talked about the situation of the kids and on how if anything ever happened to one of us, they would be considered illegitimate and would be very difficult for one to take the guard of them!

I see...

So, we were thinking in... And we will only be doing this if you agree of course... but we were thinking in marrying just to guarantee their future...

Oh... Lee remained thoughtful.

What do you think? Roger couldn't hide the nervousness he felt.

I think that's an amazing idea!

So, you are okay with me and Dominique marrying?

Yes, it's the future of Felix and Rory that we are talking about, I couldn't step on it!

I'm so relieved! Roger kissed her.

-

On the beginning of the week, Roger was leaving the studio after many hours of recording Queen's next album. Lee was out of town doing a shoot in Paris, so he decided to grab some Chinese takeaway.

As he was entering the diner, he ran into a girl.

I'm so sorry miss! Roger apologised.

That's okay!

Roger took a look at the girls face.

Deborah?

Yeah, how do you kn— Mr. Taylor? Deborah smiled and Roger's heart pounded quickly.

Please, call me Roger!

Only if you call me Debbie!

Agreed! They shook hands.

Roger invited Debbie to dine with him so they could know each other better.

_____________________________________________________

well this is awkward