Chapter 27

Mr Sin sat at his office, at his double-story mansion. The mansion was a secured place as armed men were patrolling in the yard. Mr Sin nursed the glass of whiskey in his hand. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in."

A male in a black suit entered the room. The man was broad and muscular, he was holding laptop.

"Ryan, what's the matter now?"

"You have to see this, Big Boss." Ryan states as he put the laptop on the table near Mr Sin.

Mr Sin was shocked at what he was seeing. Sarah had published the story on the rhino poaching syndicate. Mr Sin sees his name in the article. Mr Sin hits the table in fury. He couldn't take it kindly that he's been exposed. Mr Sin was an alias he used in the crime underworld. Mr Sin's real name was Thomas Zulu, he a Minister  of Environmental Affairs in the government of South Africa. All his shady dealings have became public.

"No! No! No! This can't be true. Pearl was suppose to deal with this journalist."

"I tried calling her but no answer. The Scorpions raided the warehouse and..." Ryan says nervously.

"And what!"

Ryan sighed. "They killed all our men at the raid. Pearl killed herself." He confirmed.

Mr Sin stoop up. "We need to leave urgently. Get the chopper ready." He instructed as he brushes his hair.

Ryan nodded. Ryan left the room. Mr Sin looked stressed, his cellphone rang, he looked at the caller ID. It was call from the Presidency. Mr Sin knew that the call was coming with bad news. Mr Sin heard a sound of choppers  approaching. He looked on the window and saw two black choppers pass. He quickly turned on the monitor of the CCTV camera, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He sees groups of men getting down on the choppers. 

Ryan walked in the office.

"The Scorpions are here." Ryan declared.

"Damn it. This is bad." Mr Sin said as he walks around the office.

"What should we do? I've been informed our chopper won't be able to make it now."

Mr Sin turns and looks at the monitor and sees his men and The Scorpions go into battle. He looks at the other monitor he sees cars of The Scorpions on the main gate, agents getting out of their cars. It was clear that he had no way out of this.

"Boss, what should we do now?"

"Tell the men to stand down."

"What?"

"You heard me. Tell them to stand down! We've no way out of here." Mr Sin demanded.

Ryan took out his walkie talkies.

"Attention men, you're instructed to stand down. I repeat stand down now!" He announced on the walkie talkies.

Mr Sin looked on as his men surrender. The  main gate of the mansion gets opened. The Scorpions cars entered the mansion.

Mr Sin and Ryan walk out the house with their hands up.

Mike and colleagues got out of their cars and approached Mr Sin and Ryan.

"Thomas Zulu, aka Mr Sin, Minister of Environmental Affairs, you're under arrest for money laundering, embezzlement, racketeering, and murder." Mike informed.

Mr Sin looked at Mike.

"Cuff them." Mike ordered.

Two members of The Scorpions went to cuff Mr Sin and Ryan.

"Go check inside the house." Mike instructed his team.

Mike saw his other team members coming with the syndicate members from the back of the mansion.

***

Sarah came out of the hospital, she just finished visiting her boss, Bafana. Sarah saw Mike standing his car.

"Hey." Sarah said as she a walks toward Mike. "Thanks again."

"Er, for what now?" Mike looked confused as Sarah hugs him.

"For rescuing my boss, and your fast action in arresting Thomas Zulu." She stated, as she break away from him.

Mike smiles. "Oh, just doing my job. I hope you remember you still owe me a date."

Sarah smiles. "You never forget."

"Yep, and how can I forget going out with someone beautiful like you."

"Shall we then." Sarah beams with joy.

"My pleasure." Mike said, as he open the door for Sarah. She entered the car. Mike closes the door, he walk to the driver's door, he open the car and enters. He closes the door and starts the car. He looks at Sarah and smiles at her. The car leaves the hospital.

******************************
                      The End