Chapter 22

Sarah returned back to the office after the funeral of Sam. She didn't want to waste time as she continued reading the evidence Bk's sister gave her, it was all connecting how the syndicate operates and how it channel it money from the lucrative black market business. Sarah was amazed how well oiled the syndicate operates, it operated like a big corporation.

Sarah takes a sip on the tea cup. The office door opened, Mike walked in the office.

"It all making sense on how they operate they operation. This is evidence we needed." Sarah says  as she put the papers on the table.

"And where did you get it?"

"One of the poacher's sister gave it to me at Sam's funeral. It details all their operation to their warehouses they use."

"I thought you were going to give up for your boss?"

"Yes, I'm but you will use this evidence to nail them. They don't know about you. This is the big break we have been waiting for."

Mike sat opposite her.

"If we can go to all this warehouses we might find him there. I suspect they already transported him to this side." Sarah said as she gives Mike a paper.

"I need you and team to search those warehouses."

Mike looks at the paper.

"Hm, they are many."

"Mike, this is our chance to nail them. I heard on the news about what happened at the park with the rangers shooting at the poachers."

"But we are not sure it was them at the game reserve."

"It was them. This syndicate operates there at the park. Call your superiors and ask for more manpower for the search." Sarah said, in a persuasive tone.

Mike was hesitant at first but later saw the point Sarah was saying.

"You got resources." She added.

"Okay, I'll talk to my supervisors as soon possible. Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you about the Black Sky Holdings."

Sarah looks intrigued.

"It turn out this Black Sky Holdings is a shell corporation, from what we gathered it used for money laundering of the rhino poaching money." Mike informed.

"This is absolutely fantastic news. Now we're getting closer in finding who run this whole operation." Sarah states as she stood up.

Sarah's phone rang. "Speaking of the devil." She says as she looks at the caller ID. She answers the call.

"Sarah, you don't have much time now." Pearl announced.

Sarah looks a bit concerned.

"Your have 24 hour to decide. And I must warn you my patience is running out."

"I... I give up. I'll will give you all the information I have gathered so far." Sarah said firmly.

Pearl smiles. "Good girl. I like that."

"Where do we meet for the exchange?"

"I'll send you the address. Sarah, if dare involve the police in this you will be sorry."

"Can I speak to my boss?" Sarah asks.

Pearl turns and looks at Bafana, he looked weak after the torture he had endured.

"Someone wants to speak to you." Pearl place the phone on Bafana's ear.

"Hello." Bafana said in a low voice.

"Sir, are you okay?" Sarah looks relived to hear his voice.

"Sarah, I'm surviving. Listen, to me don't give this fools what they want!"

Pearl took the phone away. She slaps Bafana on the face. "You talk nonsense." Pearl says as she walks away. She signal his man to continue the torture on Bafana. He scream in pain. Sarah could hear the scream.

Pearl place the phone on her ear.

"Please don't hurt him." She begged.

"Your boss is such a nuisance. If you play your part tonight he'll be a free man." Pearl ended the call.

Sarah put the phone in slow motion as she looks concerned. Mike stood up.

"Mike, tonight is make or break."

Mike nods. "Let me make some calls for back up."

******************************