Chapter 23

The evening was bit windy. Sarah stood near her car at an abandoned warehouse. Sarah looked worried, as she looks at her  watch. The kidnappers were running late. Sarah hated people who were not punctual. She walked around the warehouse.

Mike and his team had no success in their search for Bafana on the addresses of the warehouses Sarah gave them, all appeared to be a white elephants. Sarah last minute gamble of hitting two birds with one stone was starting to fade. Sarah last hope was now on this meeting that the kidnappers would let her boss go. A car entered the warehouse, Phil got of the car.

"I thought I was going to see the lady I been speaking too." Sarah says looks confused.

Phil stood opposite her. "Too bad, you're dealing with me tonight."

"I need to see my boss first."

Phil smiles. "He's in the car. But let deal with you firstly. Give me the evidence you have?" He demanded.

Sarah looked at Phil, she had a feeling something is not right on this meeting.

"Listen, I don't have all night for this!" He says, with a grumpy tone.

"I need to see my boss first."

Phil shakes his head. "You're really starting to get on my nerves. I said you will get him once I've the evidence on my position."

Sarah opens her car and takes out  a brown envelope, she closes the car door. Phil smiles as he watches Sarah. She throw the envelope to Phil.

"Done. Now give me my boss back."

Phil opens the envelope and browses the papers. "Hm, you really did your job very well, no wonder they see you as a threat to us. With this evidence you can bury us." He commented.

Sarah looks impatient. "Stop it! I need my boss now. I did what you wanted."

Phil puts back the papers inside. "Unfortunately you can't have you boss tonight."

"What? I thought we had a deal."

"Well, you thought wrong. We don't trust you - so we'll keep you boss as leverage for us. If we see that you're no longer a threat then your boss will return safely."

"This is insane. I can't believe you still see me as a threat after I gave you all the evidence I have."

"Who knows maybe you have a copy of the evidence stashed somewhere. That's why we are not releasing your boss."

"This is not fair." Sarah said in disbelief.

"Life has never been fair, my dear. See you around." Phil walked towards his car. Sarah watches on as Phil enters the car.  The car leaves the warehouse.

Sarah kicks something on the floor.

Sarah felt a tap on her shoulder - she looked a saw him.

"You!" Sarah says as she looks at Chico.

******************************