Chapter 25

The following morning. Captain Khumalo walked in the staff room, his colleagues were already waiting for him. The officers stood up when he walked. Captain Khumalo walked with confidence. He observes that Mike has is not present in the weekly meeting. He was aware Mike has been absent from work lately.

Captain Khumalo stood at the front of his colleagues. All the attention was on him. The police station he ran with a dictator ship style; if anyone had a problem with his rule he work fire or transfer them. He wanted to work with people who obeyed his rule no matter what.

Captain Khumalo cleared his throat. "Er, I must first thank you all you attending this meeting. Um, it with great pleasure to announce that you guys have made record breaking arrests this week."

The staff clap their hands.

"Even the provincial commissioner is happy about this milestone. With that being said I want you to continue doing your best in keeping our communities safe. I..." Captain Khumalo stop as he looked at Mike walking in with two men.

Mike and two men walked towards him. Captain Khumalo looked anxious as he see the  two men wore black shirt and with the Scorpions emblem.

"Mike, what's going on here? I hope you have a good reason for being absent form work and for disturbing me."

Mike smiled. "Oh, I do."

"Hm, good then. What happenings with this two men? The last time I checked this premise belonged to the police not the Scorpions. What are doing with this two men?"

"Oh, this are my colleagues." Mike informed.

"What? You said colleagues. You work for me remember."

"Let me explain this I'm an undercover cop for the Scorpions. I was tasked to investigate you. And thanks to Chico, he told me everything about your dealings."

"Chico?" He looked in disbelief.

"Captain Khumalo, you're under arrest for racketeering, for defeating the ends of justice."

The colleagues were shocked what's happenings.

"This ridiculous! I done nothing wrong. You will pay for this!"

One of the man took out handcuffs and proceeded to cuff Captain Khumalo.

"You have the right to remain silent. Everything you say will be used against you in court. You have the right for a attorney - if you can't afford one the state will offer one." Mike informed.

"Mike, you are making a big mistake here. I'm a innocent man!"

"Will see that in court."

"Damn you, Mike."

"Take him away."

The two men walk away with Captain Khumalo as keep pleading his innocent.

******************************