Chapter 11

Sarah sat down in the office, her eyes fixed at her laptop. She was feeling the effects of the investigation was starting to take it toll on her. Time wasn't on her side as the investigation was starting to lose it momentum. Sarah stood up and walked to the wall with Captain Khumalo's face on the wall.

Nandi and Sam walked in the office. Sarah turned and looked at her colleagues. Nandi sank to her chair, Sam took out an envelope from his bag. He gave the envelope to Sarah.

"I have tailed the captain. This are pictures of him and people he met lately." Sam informed.

Sarah opens the envelope, she looks at the pictures one by one. Some of the pictures show Captain Khumalo with his colleagues, some with his family, the picture of Captain Khumalo with Chico draws the attention of Sarah.

"Who is this?" She shows them a the picture of Captain Khumalo and Chico.

"Well, he's Chico." Nandi responded.

"Chico? What's special about him that a police Captain would want to see him." Sarah says curiously.

"From what I gathered he owns the restaurant were they're pictures. And here is a interesting part this guy high school drop - out. He has never had formal employment." Nandi states.

Sarah looks intriguing by what she hearing. She observes the picture, she could tell Chico wore expensive clothes not to mention the watch on his wrist. Sarah smiles.

"I think we've found our person of interest, guys." She said confidently.

Sarah walks to the wall and places the picture of Chico on it.

"How can you be sure that this guy is involved in rhino poaching syndicate? Who knows maybe this two are related or friends " Sam says, his voice full of scepticism.

Sarah looks at Sam. "Who knows maybe this two are key to our investigation. My guts are telling me that there is more going on between this two."

"Look, I don't want us to rush to conclusions without doing proper investigation."

"For now this two are our suspects, especially Commander Khumalo. If you continue tailing him he might lead us to people who're porching the rhinos." She clarified.

Sam nods.

Sarah looked at the picture of Captain Khumalo. "Soon  enough our friend here will lead us to the associates. We just need to put him in more pressure till he cracks."

******************************