Chapter 3

Chico was at his double story house in the township, he always believed that no matter how rich  he is he will always stay in the township. Chico was the only person in the section he lived in to have story double house.

Many people never knew what he did for a living even his own family. He preferred to keep his life private but at times it was hard to keep it private as the life he lived made him a topic in the community, people were always curious how did he do it; to have a big house, have expensive cars, have expensive clothes. To make matters more interesting Chico dropped out of high school and he never found formal employment.

Being in the rhino poaching business made him a lot of money, he never imagined to have in his bank account. But many of the poachers he led them think he's the real boss of the operation. Chico was just a front or some may call supervisor.

The man who was the boss was a man called Mr Sin as he preferred to be called like that, he was in charge of the whole syndicate. Mr Sin preferred to work in the sidelines, he ran the largest and most successful rhino porching syndicate in Southern Africa. Chico only met Mr Sin once; they communicate via the cellphone most of the time. Chico  waited for the call from Mr Sin, his phone rang. Chico looks at the caller ID - it was Mr Sin. He answered the call.

"Ah! My leader. I'm glad you finally called." Chico said as he sounds happy.

"Shut up! You messed up. What is this I see in the news of a dead poacher in the game reserve." He roared.

"I can explain boss."

"You know this stupid action of yours could put the entire operation in jeopardy. I can't have you to mess up my operation. You know how much we can loss because of your actions."

"Boss, I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it. The damage has been done, if I see another mistake boy you would wish you didn't know me." Mr Sin's voice  was threatening and cold.

Chico knew  Mr Sin was capable of causing big mayhem in his life. He preferred to stay in Mr Sin's good books. All those who got in Mr Sin's bad books got dealt with harshly; he didn't was to end up being another statistic in the numbers of people who died in the hands of Mr Sin.

"I promise boss such mistakes are not to happen again. I take full responsibility my actions." Chico said.

"Whatever. I'll wire your payment to the account for your job."

"Thank you bo..."

Mr Sin ended the call before Chico could finish talking. Chico was left disappointed in himself. His actions could jeopardize his relationship with his boss. Chico threw his phone on the floor violently.

******************************