Chapter 4

The airport was busy with people moving, the noise of the intercom was not stopping as announcement kept coming in. Sarah walked out with her laggage at the arrivals terminal. She looked around for the person who was supposed to pick her up. Sarah felt a gentle touch, she turned and saw a lady in her late twenties, she had brown skin, she wore a pair of jeans, blue blouse.

"Sarah Ndlovu." The lady smiled.

"Yes, and you are?"

"I'm Nandi. Mr Skhosana told me to pick you up." Nandi extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you." Sarah said as they shake hands.

"Cool. Let's go this be way, our cab is waiting for us." She informed.

Sarah follow Nandi to the parking lot. The airport was busy with people moving around, Sarah was right behind Nandi as they walk. They walked into the parking lot, they proceed to a white sedan car. A man with tattoos of his arms stood near the car.

"Er, Sarah meet Sam our jack of all trades at our newspaper."

Sam smiled. "Wow, it's a pleasure meeting such legend like you Miss Ndlovu."

Sarah giggles as they shake hands.

"Oh, please call me Sarah and that of me being a the legend it still needs to be proven more."

"Come on, you're a legend. Your work speaks for it self. And it my honor it be at your service." Sam said with a smile.

"Wow, I appreciate that."

"Oh, let me take your laggage for you." He offered.

Sam takes the laggage to the car, Sarah and Nandi enter the car. Sam walks towards the driver's seat, he hops in. Sam start the car, he drives through the parking lot.

Nandi gives Sarah a file.

"So we managed to gather this information about the dead poacher. I hope it leads us in the right direction."

Sarah browses the file, she studies the information on it. The information contained more details of the deceased poacher. It striked Sarah that the deceased poacher had a diploma in Office Administration, questions started to fill her mind why such an educated person who risk his life by doing a dangerous work like this. Sarah saw that the deceased had no criminal record. All this information was intriguing to Sarah, thoughts like what pushed him to this life? Kept coming to her.

The information was not much but it was a start in the right direction for Sarah in her investigation. She learned more about the deceased as she reads about him. Sarah can sense that the deceased was a family oriented person, as he was the oldest in his siblings, his parents died when he was young. It became clear that the factors that pushed him to this life was  poverty. Being an unemployed graduate can be tough plus to add more stress when you have others siblings looking at you  to support them.

Sarah relates about the hardship the deceased faced; she too came from a poor family. Sarah knew to get out of poverty she needed to excel in school. Sarah puts the file down as she looks at the beautiful landscape of Mpumalanga. Sarah knew this assignment was not going to be easy as they're a lot of pieces of the puzzle that she needed to put together first in order to break the story.

******************************