Chapter 16

Sarah was discharged from hospital. She didn't was waste time as she was all hands on deck. Sarah scheduled a meeting with Mike and the rest of her team.

She stood near her team as all eyes were on her.

"Mike, what does the Scorpions have so far?" Sarah inquires.

"Well, so far we have bank accounts of Captain Khumalo. It really show that the captain is doing something illegal. No police captt can have that more he has."

"Interesting. Have you followed where the money comes from?" Mandi asks.

"We're working toward establishing more information. It work in progress. And what do you've  on your side?"

Sarah takes the photo of Chico and Captain Khumalo together. She gives it to Mike.

"And then?" Mike looks confused.

"We believe that person with Chico is the engine behind the poaching. If we find more evidence against him we'll find the brains behind the whole syndicate."

"What makes you think there is someone behind this syndicate than him?" Mike questions as he looks at the photo.

Sarah folds her takes a sip on her tea cup. "My gut is telling me there is someone behind it. How can a person who didn't even finish high school  run such a big operation on his own? Chico is just a worker for someone powerful."

"Why do I sense you underestimate this Chico guy?" Mike asks.

"I don't underestimate him. It clear he's just a small fish, he taking orders from someone else. The million dollar question is who is the person behind this syndicate?"

"Yep. I wonder that too." Nandi says.

"But soon all will be revealed. We just have to keep digging until we find what we need to shut this syndicate." Sarah said firmly.

Sarah's cellphone was rang. She check the caller ID, it was his boss, Bafana. She answered the call.

"Hello, sir."

"Ah, how is my shinning star doing? Nandi informed by me about what happened to you." Bafana sounded concerned.

"I'm doing great. I've already been discharged. Back at work and doing what I do best." Sarah says as she smiles.

"Ah, still hard worker. I'm glad if you're okay, my dear. I don't know what will I be without you. Should I hire someone to look after you?"

"No, sir. I can take care of myself." Sarah said confidently.

Bafana nods as he walk in the parking lot of his company. He knew Sarah would be hard to convince to get a bodyguard.

"I know you can take of yourself but sometimes in situations like this you need help." Bafana sounding persuasive.

Sarah looks at Mike and Nandi working together. "I'm covered. If I change my mind you'll be the first to know."

"That's great to know. And any progress so far?"

"Yes, we are making progress. Soon we'll shut them down." Sarah responded.

Bafana walks toward his car. A black car came from behind him, it stop near him. Bafana stops walking as he looks at the car. A window opened, a gun was pointed at Bafana.

"Get in the now!" A voice of a man said.

Sarah started to panic. "Sir, what's happening there?"

"Sarah, I..."

"Hey, you fool I said get in the car. If you dare try anything funny I'll shot you now!" Ordered the man.

A man got out of the car, the man who wore a mask. He took Bafana's cellphone and threw it on the floor. Bafana and the man enter the car.

"Sir, can you hear me? Hello?"

The car goes in a hurry.

Mike and Nandi look at Sarah with concern.

"Sarah, what's wrong?" Nandi asks.

"I think my boss just got kidnapped." Sarah says in disbelief.

******************************