Birthday Digs

hi guysi now i havent uploaded in a while-sorry, i also know my chapters are real short but i figured the longer my chapters the rubbisher (if thats a word) my stories get. if you think they are too short and too rubbish please comment because i need to know if my stories are any good. nothing much happens in this chapter but its fairly important for the next idea in the story. please read, enjoy, comment and vote!!!! xoxox

____________________________________________________________________________

A few weeks had passed with no hope and now it was my birthday. Wahoo!-Not. I was wishing it was any day other than today, Jake wasn’t here and my whole mind, body and soul had gone into depression. A small knock on the door was the only warning I got before my parents walked in, smiling, and carrying presents whilst singing, ‘Happy Birthday’. At this I burst out laughing, not because I was happy but, because how was this a happy birthday. I had no boyfriend, no best friend and in their replacement was my parents who had no idea what a decent 16th birthday entailed, now, as they were still suck in 1980. It wasn’t my parents’ fault I had had such tragic back luck recently, so I tried to act happy so they wouldn’t feel bad. Tearing open my presents I acted cheerful and surprised though I didn’t even take in what my parents had got me. Though my acting was good it was half-hearted and my parents could see right through me, they too tried to act happy but you could see the pain in their eyes at seeing me upset. My parents loved Michelle as though she was their adopted child but they didn’t feel the same about Jake, however they were wishing he was here to make my special day special and one to remember.

Still trying to put on a brave face I got ready and was wondering what to wear. I had decided on wearing the new pale blue dress my parents had gave me this morning when in the corner of my eye I saw a pink envelope on my window sill. I swore that wasn’t there before and my parents had already gave me their card so I wondered who this was from. Picking up the card I saw my name written in Jakes handwriting. Heart beating faster than it had over the past few weeks i opened the envelope, inside was a £20 note and the writing inside told,

‘Dear Belle, I am really sorry that I haven’t been around lately but I need you to know I am always thinking of you. I shouldn’t have been in contact but I had to wish you a great birthday because out of all the people I know, you are the one who deserves it most. I know you must think I am a huge jerk but it’s not my fault- promise. I hope one day I will be able to talk to you properly but for now

Bye x J

PS I didn’t know what to get you’.

My eyes had swelled up with tears while I was reading that, I didn’t know until a huge tear drop splashed across the page, I didn’t wipe it away as it would have messed up the writing but I dabbed the tear off the page. I knew receiving a card wasn’t as good as seeing him but at least I knew he was okay. With this in mind I painted a huge smile on my face. My parents noticed my change in mood but didn’t question it, which was good as otherwise I’d have to show them the card or they’d think I was a nutter. I didn’t show my parents the card but I had to show his parents the card to give them some peace of mind. The next few minutes were hard but necessary and it was worth it to see the smile it put on Mrs Cohen’s face. None of us questioned if the card was from Jake we just knew it was, mainly because he had very distinctive writing and you would have to be the most amazing imitator ever.

Later on that evening my family and Jakes family went out for a meal at the poshest restaurant nearby- forest pines. We hadn’t planned a big party as if I had a big party I would’ve wanted Jake there. We had a great time anyway. Michelle and I became a lot closer after that, I was glad about this, though upset that Jake had to be gone for this to happen. That had to be the first time since Jake left that I had some happiness in my heart- it appeared that when our families were together we felt warmth again. When I got home some of that happiness remained in me and that happiness drifted me to sleep.