Hating A party

It was now nearing both mine and Michelle’s sixteenth birthday and Jake had just turned seventeen and had been taking driving lessons for six weeks. There was no big plans made, that Michelle knew about for her birthday, so she felt even more excluded and she probably felt deeply hurt too.

Together me and Jake had invited everyone in Michelle’s classes, all her family and had the most memorably amazing party ready for her. Michelle and I had been planning our sixteenth since we were infants so I knew what her ideal party would be. At last it draw upon her special day so her whole family and me pretended we were taking her out for a birthday dinner. “SURPRISE” the hall shouted when we arrived. You could literally see the happiness emanate from within her, even though she tried not to seem shocked. It was clear to everyone she was loving being centre of attention she was finally acting like her old, kind-hearted self again but when demanding to know who planned her party and after her finding out all her bright emotions seeped away from her face but replacing it with a thunderous cloud of ash.

Feeling really disheartened by this I started to leave, I guess at the time I felt betrayed by Michelle but the sisterly side of me told me if I left she would have a much better time. Jake stopped me and by finding out what had happened he turned into a blur of anger I tried to calm him down but he wasn’t having it. Instead he kept dropping snide remarks at every opportunity. Eventually his parents caught on. They too felt disgusted with their daughter so forced her to apologize. With bitterness in her voice she did as she was told, I tried telling mr and mrs Cohen that it was fine before this but like Jake they too wouldn’t stand for her abrupt attitude.