Weird Phone Calls

Vibrating noisily my phone pulled me out of sleep. Who would phone at this time I wondered.  My hand felt around for the phone blindly as my eyes wouldn’t open to see.

“Hello” I said roughly, not knowing how bad I sounded.

“Arabella?” jakes voice asked at the other end of the phone line.

Coughing in embarrassment I replied, reassuring him it was me.

“Oh, um you know I love you right? He asked awkwardly.

What a stupid question to ask me at 4am, “I guess, why?”

He replied with what I can only describe as a lump in his throat, “No reason I just wanted you to know I do, that’s all so bye” before even giving me chance to reply he hung up. That was strange he never hung up first and why did he sound so upset. I spent that whole night wondering what was going on with Jake; loads of thoughts were circling my head so I was shocked into blankness when there was a knock at the door and a request to enter my room from my parents. I fixed my hair and told my parents to come in. Their expressions told me something was wrong and they told me that I had a visitor downstairs. After last nights phone call I assumed it would be Jake waiting in my living room but it wasn’t it was Michelle. I was so glad I thought she’d come to ask me to be friends again but I had never been more wrong in my life.