15. Nicholas Liu

Life is too short to stress yourself with people who don't even deserve to be an issue in your life.

--

I woke up screaming and sweating. My cheeks were wet. 

I was crying. 

It's nothing... It's just a nightmare.

--

Same place. White walls taking place into a coffee shop and the figure of a boy. He was sitting at one of the tables.

"Hey~" I said cheerfully.

No reply. He was sitting with his back facing me. I feel sadness from him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You"

"Me? What's wrong with me?"

"Everything" he answered and left.

"Wait!" I called out, but it was too late, he already left.

After he left, the whole coffee shop started to crumble. I wanted to hold on to something but I couldn't. So I fell into a deep dark abyss. I couldn't breathe. I feel someone suffocating me, but in reality there's none.

--

I couldn't sleep after that nightmare.

What did he mean by everything? What did I do to him? Was he a person from my previous life? Did I kill him? Did I kill his parents? What did I do to him?!

My thoughts were driving me to the brick of insanity. So, I decided to keep my mind busy to avoid myself from thinking about the dream. I looked at the clock. It reads 7 a.m. 

I guess I could go to school early today. 

I left home at 7.30, after eating a piece of toast for breakfast. I left a note on the counter top so gege and the others don't wait for me.  I reached school a few minutes later but throughout the journey I caught myself spacing out and thinking about the dream a couple of times.

As I entered the school building I saw someone familiar at the school office. 

It's Nicholas.

I went behind him and tapped his shoulder. "Hey~" I said.

"Oh hey" he said as he turned behind.

"Nicholas, she's Crystal, and she will give you a tour around the school" the receptionist said. "So, since there's still some time, Crystal, you may now give a tour around the school to Nicholas" she continued before we left the office.

"So here's our classroom, and right there's the library" I stated.

He just nodded.

"There's the gym and there's the cafeteria"

"Oh"

"But if you ever get lost, there's a directory somewhere"

"How convenient" he joked.

"Ah there's the directory" I said pointing to the notice board.

"Won't we be late if we don't go to class now?"

"No, we're not. It's still early. The bell doesn't ring for like another half an hour"

"Well, there's nothing wrong with being early"

"Okay then"

I led him to the classroom.

"The seat next to mine is empty" I said