20. A Mysterious Dream

I opened my eyes. My eyes were teary. I was awoken by a dream again. I sat up on my bed. I ruffled my hair as I tried to recall the whole dream.

---

I was at the coffee shop again. The figure was standing there, with his head down. This time the boy's face was starting to clear up. I had to squint to take a glance on his face. To my surprise it was Zelo oppa. In his hand, he is holding a wilted red tulip.

"Look at this flower, it's wilted, which also means that our undying love in dying" he said without lifting his head.

I kept quiet waiting for him to reply.

"You..." he started as he smirked a bit.

"You really do enjoy breaking my heart, don't you?" he mumbled as he left the tulip on the table and started to leave the coffee shop.

I just stood there confused. I suddenly crouched down and I don't know why but I started sobbing.

---

I looked at my phone. 

4 a.m it reads. Four more hours until school starts. I lied on bed and tried to fall asleep again but somehow I just couldn't. I went out of my room and headed to the living room downstairs. To my surprise, gege was watching television there.

"Hey. Why are you up so early?" he asked when he noticed me.

"I can't sleep" I replied.

"Guess that's why people came up with the phrase 'like brother like sister'" he said when I sat next to him.

"So how are you feeling?" I asked.

"Eye still swollen but the gross bruise subsided" he said but kept his focus on the television in front of him.

"You could try covering your swollen eye with your hair" I said as I examined his eye.

"Yeah I could" he replied.

We both watched the television silently after that.

"Hey, did you know we've been watching television for a whole 2 hours?" gege said, breaking the silence.

'What??!! You must be kidding" I said.

I took a glance at the clock. 

"Wow, now I finally understand the phrase 'Television is brainwashing'" I replied.

I got off from the couch and started to stretch.

"Well, that's enough of being lazy for today" I sang.

"Wanna go to school early?" gege asked.

"Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing" I replied.

I went back to my room as gege switched off the television. Truthfully, my gut feeling me to arrive to school early. I quickly got ready and by the time I went downstairs I saw gege already in his school attire.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

I replied him with a nod. 

I look at my wrist watch and it was just 6.30 a.m. An hour and a half before school starts. We walked as slow as we could to kill time. Gege combed his hair to cover his swollen eye with his hand.

I start combing my bangs to cover my eyes as well. Mimicking gege's actions.

"Shuijing, what are you doing?" questioned gege with a death glare.

"Oh you know, just the casual combing my hair so all the girls go insane over me" I replied with a grin making its way onto my face.

"Shuijing, I don't think I've informed you but EXO and I'll be joining this group dancing competition in school"

"Wow, that's such a manly move you made" 

"I know it may sound girly to you but it's not so stop it"

This time, gege was being serious so that meant it was time for me to stop.

It's been such a long time since I had a playful conversation with gege. I hope we can have conversations like this everyday.

But sadly everything must come to an end sooner or later.

"Fine gege!" I said sarcastically like I was angry.

Just as we were talking, we turned pass a corner and the school campus was right in front of my eyes. Gege walked me to the lockers located in the hallway.

While walking towards my locker, "Guess I'll see you at home. I have to stay back for some classes" he said as he made his way to his first class.

"Bye" I managed to say before he was out of sight. 

Something in me immediately urged me to look at my locker. I turned my head and found a key strapped onto the handle of my locker door. 

It's my house key! Hmm, I wonder who's the one that put this here? 

I whipped my head to the left then to the right, searching for the person who left the key here. However, there seems to be no one in the hallway. 

Anyways, I should get ready for class. 

I took the key, stuffed it into my pocket, unlocked my locker and got my books for the day.

Since it was still early, I decided to do some revision in my classroom before the lessons started. I walked into the classroom, went to my seat, placed my books neatly on the table and started with my revisions. Before I knew it, the bell rang meaning that lessons have started and students were rushing into the class.

---

During recess, I went to the cafeteria to get some food for my starving stomach. Just as I was about to leave the cafeteria, I saw Zelo oppa walking towards me. I went up to him with something to say.

"Zelo-" I started, but Zelo oppa just was walked pass me.

Did he not see me? I was pretty sure he did. 

I felt devastated deep down. I kept my head down on the journey back to the classroom.

But why was he in my dream? Why was he devastated? Did I do something to him? Undying love? What does he mean by that? But even so, why the coffee shop? Does it have any meaning? Or maybe is it just a normal dream where you think of that person so much, you dream about them?