21. Halloween [Halloween Special]

Mom let me off the hook after the party at Junhong oppa's or Zelo oppa's? I don't really know what to call him anymore. Mom allowed me to a Halloween prom at school because she said I seemed a little down recently. Don't get me wrong, I'm not depressed or anything. It's just after the day Zelo oppa ignored me I seemed to be a bit sad. The Halloween prom will be just like a normal school prom but we are required to dress up in costumes. I liked Halloween because we get to dress and act like someone else but what I hate about Halloween is that some people dress up spookily, which is actually a good thing, but I get easily crept out by it, so it's a bad thing. I sat on my bed as I thought about my costume to the party.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me, mum" said the person behind the door.

I opened the door and she handed me a light blue dress.

"Thanks mum" I said with a faint smile as I took it from her.

"Do you like it?" mom asked me as if I was a child.

I nodded.

"Glad you like it then" mom said as she smiled and left my room.

I quickly tried on the dress. When wearing this dress, I remind myself someone from a fairy tale.

Hmmm.. a fairy tale character with blue dress? Cinderella!! My favourite Disney princess!!

I heard a knock on my door again.

"Who is it?" I asked for the second time.

"It's me again" I heard mum said from behind the door.

I opened the door again.

"Wow, you look gorgeous" mom complimented me.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"Before I forget, your friend Nicholas will be your chaperon" mom said.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, he called to ask you out as his prom date just now and we helped you to gladly accept it" mum said as she gave me a wink. 

"Oh, and he'll be here in an hour" mum continued.

"Are any of the EXO gege coming?" I asked mom.

"Yeah, but not all. If I'm not mistaken, Chanyeol, Tao, Luhan, Sehun, Lay, Baekhyun and Xiumin gege are going. The others will be busy choreographing a dance routine for the competition" mom replied.

Mom helped me with my makeup since I do not wear makeup on a daily basis.

---

'Thank you' I said as mum finished my makeup and in return, she just smiled.

Mom left my room as soon as I said that. I was looking at my face on the mirror in front of me.

Why did Zelo oppa ignored me last time? Is he still angry at me? Well, he's the one who asked me to go to his house. But the part where gege beat him up? Was it my fault? If it is, its been like weeks, even if I was him I wouldn't stay angry at someone for that long.

I was lost in my train of thoughts. I was awoken back to reality when I heard a knock on the front door. A while later I heard Chanyeol and Baekhyun calling me to go downstairs, even though they seem like they were shouting more than just regular calling.

I went out of my room and headed downstairs. I was curious to see what he was dressed as so I peeped downstairs and saw him wearing a tuxedo

"What are you supposed to dress as?" I heard my mum asked him.

"I'm not really sure Mrs. Wu. I just found this tuxedo in my closet and figured why not wear this to the party?" he answered with a huge grin on his face.

His grin disappeared when he saw me and was replaced by a shocked expression.

"Wow, you look amazing" he said as soon as he saw me.

"Thanks" I said with a slight smile.

"Thanks Mr and Mrs Wu for letting me chaperon your daughter to the Halloween prom. Well, I guess we'll get going now and I'll make sure she gets home before 12 midnight" Nicholas joked.

We walked out of the house together. Chanyeol, Tao, Luhan, Sehun, Lay, Baekhyun and Xiumin gege were going to be a bit late so we didn't wait for them.

"You look like Barney Stinson from 'How I Met Your Mother'" I joked.

"Tonight is going to be legend- wait for it- dary!" he said, which was a quote from the show.

We laughed.

"Guess I dressed up as Barney Stinson then" he continued.

Since it was evening, we saw some children already in their costumes and ready to go for trick-or-treating.

---

By the time we reached school, quite a number of students were already there. We went to the gym, where the prom was being held. I saw B.A.P. they were dressed in costumes that make them look like royalty.

Yongguk oppa was dressed as Prince Phillips, from Sleeping Beauty. Himchan oppa was dressed as Prince Ferdinand, from Snow White. Daehyun oppa was dressed as Prince Naveen, from The Princess and The Frog. Youngjae oppa was dressed as Prince Adam, from Beauty and the Beast, the human version that is and not the beast one. Jongup oppa was dressed as Prince Edward, from Enchanted. Lastly, Zelo oppa was dressed as Prince Charming, from Cinderella.

I tried to avoid bumping into Zelo oppa as much as I could because coincidentally we're wearing matching outfits.

---

"Before the last dance, I am proud to announce that the votes have been counted in for the new Prom King and Prom Queen of this year!!!" the MC said an everyone started cheering. 

"So the Prom King of this year is ....." she paused to create some tension in the atmosphere.

The crowd became silent.

"Zelo!!!" she continued.

Everyone started cheering as he walked up the stage and received a crown. 

"Next up, is the Prom Queen!! The Prom Queen for this year is ...." she paused again to create another tension in the atmosphere. 

"Crystal Wu Shuijing!!" she said.

The crowd kept quiet. Well, looks like I'm not the only one who is shocked.

"Well now don't be shy. Come on up" she said.

I tried to decline as the crowd of students seem to not like me winning the title.

"Don't be shy. Come on up" she repeated.

"Just go up the stage" Nicholas said as he nudge my arm and gave me a somewhat weird smirk.

"Come on Crystal" a guy from the crowd said in an inviting way.

I did as told and the crowd started cheering. I received a crown but I just kept my head low. I saw Dani storming angrily out of the gym.

"Okay, to those who haven't had a chance to dance, this is your last chance as this will be the last song for the night" the MC said as she played "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran.

Everyone started dancing. A moment of silence was shared between me and Zelo oppa.

"Care to dance princess?" Zelo oppa said as he held out his arm.

Right at that moment, I felt as if my heart skipped a beat. I wasn't expecting him to do that. I thought he was just going to ignore me again.

"Sorry, but I think you're not my Prince Charming" I said frankly.

I walked down the stage and saw, from the corner of my eye, Zelo oppa was shocked. I pulled Nicholas' arm and danced with him. Throughout the whole dance with Nicholas, I kept thinking about what I said to Zelo oppa. Sure physically I'm with Nicholas but mentally, I can't help but to think about Zelo oppa. 

Was it true? Or was I just bothered by the way he ignored me before this?