12. Party

Stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side

--

"Sure I'll come"

I mentally slapped myself for accepting his invitation. 

Why did I accept it? I still have to ask my parents for their permission. Will they allow me?  What if they say no? Aish.

The party is in the evening.

School ended before I knew it. I was greeted by my parents when I reached home.

"How's school, darling?" mum asked.

"Okay I guess. By the way, my friend invited me to his house. Can I go?" I asked.

"Who is he? Do we know him?" mum asked.

"I'm not sure if you guys know him or not. He's Choi Junhong" I answered.

"Oh.. umm make sure to be back before 10" mum said with a shocked expression on her face while dad just remained silent.

Just then, the front door opened and gege came in. I just stared at him.

"If this is about a party at Junhong's you can forget about it" gege said harshly without even looking at me.

"Mum, dad" I whined.

"Well, gege does know your friends more than us. I think we should stick to his decision" mum said.

I sighed as I walked to my room. I checked my phone to find an unread message.

"I'll pick you up at 7 p.m. and no backing out!!!" - Zelo/ Junhong

What should I do? 

I thought as a paced back and forth in my room. A knock on my bedroom door disturbed my train of thoughts.

"Lunch is ready" Tao gege said behind the door.

"Just a minute" I replied. "What am I supposed to do?" I mumbled.

"Huh? Is something bothering you?" he asked.

"Hey! Why are you still here?" I heard Luhan gege said behind the door.

"I'm here to tell Crystal that lunch is ready" Tao gege replied.

Their conversation was interrupted when I opened the door. I went to the dining room and sat between D.O gege and Kai gege. I must have looked spaced out because Lay asked me few times am I okay and my reply is always the same.

"Don't even think of sneaking out just to go there" gege suddenly said. 

I just kept quiet.

When I was done with lunch I excused myself and went to my room. 

I hate him!! Gege I mean. He's always trying to control my life as if I'm still a child. The more he opposes, the more the reason for me to go. 

I know it's a bad decision but gege made me so angry earlier so why do I have to listen to him?

"It's open" I said and five boys came in. 

Xiumin, Lay, Chen, Luhan and Tao.

"You look bothered. Is there something bothering you?" Xiumin gege asked.

"Well, you see Zelo oppa invited me to his house to celebrate his brother's gratuation. My parents allowed me to go at first, but then gege said no so they changed their minds" I said softly.

"Well your brother's just doing that for your safety" Lay gege said trying to comfort me.

"But still, he can't control me for the rest of my life" I said.