Chapter 29: Accepting: Jungkook.

Jungkook was simply lying on bed, thinking, when he suddenly stood up and headed to the front door.

Yoongi: Where are you going?

Jungkook: Just... going for a walk.

Little did Yoongi know where Jungkook really went.

///

Jungkook was standing on a roof of a high building, nearly near the edge.

He walked closer to the edge, remembering what he felt when he was standing here last time. All the painful memories were circling in his head. The first time they learned Seokjin died, the way his family treats him as if he was a mistake for being born, regular fights with Yoongi, how scared he was all the time, all that he was trying to remember on purpose.

Jungkook: Face your fears. Face your fears. Face your fears.

He kept mumbling it to himself as he stood on the edge and spread his arms while closing his eyes. Face your fears. His biggest fear - fear of being unwanted, fear of his own thoughts, fear of dying.

???: JUNGKOOK!!

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts when heard a familiar voice call his name worryingly. He turned his head to look who it was to see Yoongi running towards him. He wanted to say something, but was interrupted when the upcoming wind made him lose his balance and slip.

Yoongi: !!!! NO!!!!!

Yoongi was almost there...! He ran faster, and luckily, caught Jungkook.

Both of them were panting out of fear.

Yoongi: H-hold on...!

Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's hand with one more for support when he was pulling him up.

Yoongi: WHAT THE HELL, JUNGKOOK?!! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING???!! ARE YOU STARTING THAT DAMN GAME AGAIN?!!

Jungkook: No!! That's not it!!

Yoongi: WHAT DO YOU MEAM IT'S NOT IT! YOU WERE STANDING ON THE EDGE!!!

Jungkook: Because I wanted to face my fears!!

Yoongi: !.. What?

Jungkook: You faced the consequences of your actions when you walked in your house again! And I wanted to do the same!

Yoongi: But-! It doesn't mean you had to stand on the edge of a roof!

Jungkook: I had to! For myself. I wanted to remember what I felt at that time that made me come here in the first place. Those thoughts never let me live normally! They were haunting me, but I kept ignoring them because I was scared! I didn't want for that to haunt me forever, so I needed to accept those thoughts.

Yoongi: You could've at least let me come along! You almost fell! What if I wasn't here?!

Jungkook: I almost fell because you showed up and yelled out my name--

The maknae stopped himself from speaking anything else after seeing Yoongi staring at him with a death glare.