Chapter 5: Where's Namjoon?

*some days later*

Namjoon was working at a gas station.

Namjoon: * trips over a bucket* Dammit! Who put that here?!

He moved the bucket away and started taking care of the customer's car.

Driver: Can you hurry up for once?

Namjoon: It takes time, sir.

Driver: Well I don't have all the time in the world!

Namjoon: All done. *puts the nozzle away*

Driver: *drives away throwing money at Namjoon*

Namjoon could only sigh as he picked up the money from the floor.

Worker: Rude driver again?

Namjoon: I wouldn't have been picking up money from the ground if it weren't.

Worker: Is it your fifth rude driver?

Namjoon: Twelfth on the week.

Worker: Yo, dude.. Keep up.

Namjoon: I won't anymore. I quit. *starts walking away*

Worker: Wait, what? Wait! Namjoon!!

Namjoon: *walks away*

Worker: NAMJOON!

///

*next evening*

Taehyung: Has anyone seen Namjoon-hyung?

Yoongi: We were living in the same dorm, but he said he wanted to move somewhere.

Taehyung: He doesn't pick up his phone.

Jungkook: Maybe he is sleeping?

Seokjin: No, that doesn't sound like Namjoon... More like Yoongi actually.

Yoongi: Hey! True tho...

Seokjin: He moved somewhere and hasn't told anybody and doesn't pick up his phone? That's weird..

Taehyung: Exactly!

Jungkook: Then where could he be?!

Hoseok: We can't start practice without him!

Jimin: Maybe he's at work and he is not allowed to use his phone?

Hoseok: That might be a possibility. But I thought he quit the evening jobs...?

Jimin: Maybe he needed to stay longer? I don't know. I just don't want to think that something has happened to him.

Taehyung: I'll call him again. *calls* No answer.

Hoseok: Let's just wait a bit more and maybe he'll show up later.

*30 minutes later*

Yoongi: It's been 30 minutes already.

Jungkook: Hyung's right. I don't think it's just a regular tardy.

Jimin: Then where could he be?!

Seokjin: Hoseok, let's cancel today's practice. We can make it up another day.

Hoseok: Yes let's go! We gotta look for Namjoon.

Seokjin (narrating): We decided to split and go to the jobs Namjoon was working at. Yoongi with Jungkook, Hoseok with Jimin, me and Taehyung by ourselves.

*at the gas station*

Worker: Yesterday he had another rude customer and he said he is going to quit. I haven't seen him since he left.

Taehyung: He quit?! But that was his only job he was doing! Do you have any idea where he might be?

Worker: Why you asking me, pal? You're his friend, aren't you?

Taehyung: Yeah, that's right. We're in a group together. The thing is... he left the dorm saying he wants to live somewhere else, but he never told us where he went and he doesn't answer his phone. I thought maybe he told you.

Worker: *shakes his head* No. Sorry, man.

Taehyung: Dammit! Okay, thanks. *walks away* *calls the members* He left somewhere, no one knows where.

Hoseok, Jimin: *on the phone* Nothing from us.

Seokjin: *on the phone* Same here.

Jungkook, Yoongi: *on the phone* Same here.

Taehyung: Agh dammit!! *ends the call* *runs to his house*

*at his neighborhood*

Taehyung had stopped in front of the door. It was quiet but he still hesitated before going in. Once he did, he saw the already usual view. The mess that his house way. He walked closer to his room and once he walked in, he saw his sister lying on the floor, shivering in fear, who was covered in bruises.

Taehyung laid next to her, not caring about taking a blanket or a pillow, and hugged her.

Sister: Taehyung..?

Taehyung: I'm sorry...

Later on, the two fell asleep.