In the Name of Love

-A Few Days Later-

I walked back into the house and set Cash free from his leash. I looked up when I noticed he didn't run off...

The house is a mess, it looks like it's been ransacked. We were only gone for an hour... "Gerald?" Nothing. Oh shit. I jumped over the broken glass and made a run for it. "Gerald?!" I peeked the living room and kitchen as I made my way to the stairs. "Gerald!"

My heart stopped when I reached the stairs. I heard a loud crash. I ran into our room and sighed of relief when I saw Gerald... he's hysterically crying..

"What happened baby?" I asked out of breath. I got closer, but he stepped away. "I'm sorry Aly. I'm so sorry." He fell to his knees crying. My heart began racing again. What did he do this time?

I walked over and he wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face into my stomach. "Please forgive me Aly." He sobbed. "What happened Gerald?" He began hyperventilating.. I sat down next to him and held him. This is terrifying.

"Gerald, what happened?"

"I.. I.. I got someone pregnant." He said in between sobs. That felt like a stab right to the heart. "She's... she's 6 months pregnant." Knife out, but wounded.

It took me a while to process this information and formulate my own thoughts.. all while he cried into my lap.

"Gerald, it's okay." I can be a good step mom.. right? "What?" He immediately stopped crying and looked up at me. "6 months ago you and I were non existent.."

"But you were supposed to be the only one to have my children Aly!" He cried again.

He eventually calmed down and that's when we migrated to the bed to have a better conversation. "Do you love her?"

"Of course not! I love you."

"Do you want to be with her?"

"Hell no!"

"How long were you guys together?"

"We weren't together. We just messed around together a couple times within a few weeks." No matter how much that hurts, we weren't together.

"Look, you and I were not together at the time. Yeah it sucks, but you can't beat yourself over it."

"What if it's not mine?"

"No don't get in that mindset. You're gonna have resentment towards the child before it's even born." He sighed. "I'm sorry Aly."

"No don't be. We're gonna get through this together." It hurts, but I can't get mad. 6 months ago, him and I were not on speaking terms. "What do I do?" He asked, but had an oh shit look.

"We literally fought over the phone earlier... shit. What if she comes to the media?" I took a deep breath. "Hey, it's gonna be okay. Media or not, you're gonna be there for your baby."

"She's asking for too much money though. I ain't gonna give her $50K a month." Oh what the fuck.

"I'm paying for the babies things and more as it is, but she don't need 50K a month."

"Babe, it's not even $20K a year for the basic necessities..." He sighed and sat up. "Look, I'm not gonna tell you how to handle this, it's your money. I just don't want you to get scammed by her. A baby doesn't need $50K a month. Talk to your lawyer and see what type of contract he can make you for custody, money and maybe media." He nodded.

"I'm really sorry Aly."

"No baby, don't be. You're gonna be a great dad, I know it." He gave me a weak smile. "I feel so guilty though. You're the one I want to have kids with, not her." He gagged and I laughed. "Hey it's okay. I'm ready to be a step mom." He smiled.