Young Gerald

-Next Day (Friday)-

Gerald's POV-

I'm in the studio trying to place my lyrics in the corrective order to go along with my flow. A light knock interrupted my train of thoughts. "Come in!" An awkward Aly opened the door and stayed looking at the floor.

"Gerald." I stuck my hand out after she closed the door behind her. "Aly." She held my hand lightly as she shook it. She took a seat and looked around. "Have you ever worked with someone before?" She nodded. "Who?"

"Up and coming artists... no one as big as you." She said lightly, almost like a whisper. Hmmm

"What's your process like?"

"In order for me to get a vibe off of that person, I study them and their music."

"Elaborate."

"I have to get a feel of that person. Normally, I get to know how a person is in order to be able to make relatable and accurate lyrics. If they're into their religion, I'll throw a few references in there. If they're all about their shoes, drop brands in." She couldn't make eye contact with me.

"Have you studied my music?" She nodded. "And?" She gulped. "You're hard to read." I laughed. "Why?"

"One song can be about fucking girls. Another about past traumas. Another about mental health. It's hard to pinpoint."

"What would your next step be?" I asked her. I noticed she fidgeted with her pen. "Honestly, they normally just hand me their phone or notebook full of lines and I just place them where they sound best and rephrase a few things."

Aly's POV-

He grabbed his phone and started typing without saying a word. I'm so scared, I felt my voice shaky. "Okay. You're my new personal assistant for the day." What the fuck

"You need to get to know me. I want this album to be amazing. I want it to represent me. If you're going to help, I want you to be completely inspired, you feel me? C'mon." That makes sense. I hopped into my car and followed him to a nice big house.

He gave me a tour of his house and kinda gave me the scoop of what he does on the daily if he's home. "We're headin to the club next. I got a club appearance, so you get the full G experience." Greeeeaaaaaattttttt. I'm not one for clubs.

I looked down at my plain black shirt, black ripped jeans and dirty converse. Not club material at all. "You can go home to change and we'll meet there. 9pm. I'll have you on the list. I'll be at the VIP tables." I nodded as I wrote down the clubs name and address on my phone.

Shit shit shit. I called Matt on my way home. I prayed he picked up, I know he's on his way back to Canada. He picked up and I asked for advice. He said I should dress nice. If I'm being seen with someone as big as G-Eazy, obviously I'll come out in pictures. If I continue to book and work with big artists, I can't be looking sloppy at events.

After much consideration, I don't want to look like I'm going there just to have a wild night. I want to look somewhat classy. I let my sister, Bianca, help me. We decided on a long red blazer and black thigh high boots. I slicked my hair into a low bun. I had done my makeup before changing, so I slipped my jewelry on.

 I had done my makeup before changing, so I slipped my jewelry on