My Homie

-Next Day (Saturday)-

I tried getting out of bed, but I couldn't. Everything's sore. Bianca had to bring breakfast to the bed.

Everybody wanted to go out and I didn't want to be sus so I said I'd stay because I'm tired, which isn't necessarily a lie. To make it less suspicious, Bianca said she felt like staying behind too.

We were both scrolling through Instagram and talking about family drama, when the bedroom door opened.

"Ummm ima go and gamble downstairs... if you need me, call me." Bianca stood up. "Hey G!" She waved as she walked past him.

Maybe he was right to begin with. Maybe we should have never had sex. Why? Because it's feeling a little awkward now.

"Hey." He said. "Hey...."

"You left pretty quick. Before I could even wake up.. was I that bad?" He laughed coming over and sitting next to me.

Bad? "Pffftttt bad? Yeah okay." I playfully rolled my eyes.. "Maybe you were right?"

"About?"

"Last night.. maybe we shouldn't have?"

"Why?" He sounds... concerned. "Because It's awkward now.. because things will never be the same." Because I second guessed myself and maybe I'm starting to grow feelings and possibly get attached? He shook his head and placed his hand on my thigh.

"You're still my homie." Ouch.

"Can I ask you something?" I bit my lip as he nodded. Should I even? Do I want to know the answer? Will it make things worse?

"Why didn't you let me leave with that guy?" He sighed. "I don't know." Makes no sense.

"Maybe I was jealous. I knew what was gonna happen." Jealous? I turned to look at him.

"You're a beautiful girl Aly. Yeah at first I was thinking about it.. but we were working together and you wouldn't cheat on Sam.. then I got to know you and you grew on me. I didn't want to hurt you. Like I said, I genuinely care about you. A lot of girls think that as soon as we fuck, there's gonna be something else and there never is... I didn't want to give you the wrong impression.." What did I get myself into...

Congratulations Alegra, you played yourself.

Did I though?

Oh who am I kidding? Yes you did.

"I was just jealous. You were the first time. The first time I couldn't get what I wanted and I was the one setting the boundary which is unheard of. But I didn't want to hurt you.. seeing someone else get what I couldn't... well I don't know, I snapped I guess." He sighed.

"On one hand, I'm sorry about last night. I crossed that boundary and I don't want it to hurt our professional relationship. But on the other hand, it was fucking amazing." I smiled.

"It was nice letting someone else take control. Sam was shit in bed." He chuckled.

"You my friend, are the literal definition of lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets. I didn't know you had that in you." I shrugged as I laughed. "What can I say?" I didn't know I had it in me either.

"I'm glad we're good though." I said and he smiled as he nodded. "Me too.. so what are your plans today?" He asked. "Gerald... I can't walk. Everything hurts." He chuckled. "I'm sorry."

"No don't be." I laughed. I never thought that was possible. I always see girls tweeting about not being able to walk after a great and long night of sex and thought it was bullshit... well I found out the hard way.

———————————————————

-May-

After my graduation ceremony, it was hard to get to my family. I spotted Gerald's head with them and a crowd circled around them which made it difficult to get through. This is the first time seeing him since Vegas...

As I got closer, he seemed to be getting further. I finally reached my family and he was gone. They each engulfed me in a hug.

"Gerald had to leave. There wasn't much security around so he left. He didn't wanna make it about him on your day." Bianca said as she hugged me. I sighed, but I get it.

We took pictures then headed to a restaurant. When we showed up, it was closed off for us. The rest of my family was inside.

"ALY!" I heard and was lifted from behind. I squealed as I was taken by surprise. I was set down and turned to Gerald. He gave me a proper hug.

"I was there, I was." I laughed. "I know." He smiled. "Anyways, I hope you like it." He motioned around the restaurant. "You did this?" He nodded and smiled. "Gerald." He chuckled as I hugged him again.

We all drank and just had fun. My family even tried to teach him how to dance to Spanish music, but he's got 2 left feet. I mean the man can't even milly rock.

"I wish I could stay, but I got a flight early in the morning." He's going on the European leg. He hugged me. FUCK MAN WHY DO I HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO FEEL SOME TYPE OF WAY?!

"Have a safe trip. Text me when you get back." He nodded. He went off and said his goodbyes to my family.