Cha Ching part 2

My phone rang.. "It's Gerald." I stood up and walked to my room. "Hey." I answered. "What are you up to? Are you free?" I smiled. "Yes I am. Why? What's up?"

"I heard you're back in town. I wanna see you." Why did that give me butterflies? "Lemme take you out. Up for dinner?" I said I'm down. "We're going somewhere fancy. I'll pick you up at 6." Shit.

I ran to Bianca as soon as he hung up. "It's time to pull out the big guns." She pulled out a variety of dresses. "And finally, classy, sophisticated, yet sexy."

"Bingo." She smiled.

She straightened my hair as I did my makeup. I changed into the brownish/gray long dress with a slit on the right side, showing enough leg. The top part is only being held by the left over the shoulder twist, I forgot how Bianca calls it. I slipped on my heels as well as my earrings, watch, and two bracelets. The doorbell rang, just in time.

I hurried out there, but my mom beat me to the door

I hurried out there, but my mom beat me to the door. "Oh I see what's going on here.." she raised an eyebrow as his eyes lit up when he looked at me. "No you don't! Love ya!" I kissed her and hurried out the door as Gerald chuckled. "You said fancy and I panicked so I don't know if I'm over dressed?" He smiled as he opened the passenger door of his Lamborghini Aventador. "It's perfect. You are... breath taking." I blushed as he closed the door. Calm down Alegra, it's just a simple compliment.

"Where we goin and what's the occasion?" I asked and he smiled at me.

"The Royce in Pasadena. Celebrate the album, just us, and your new successes." I smiled. "It wouldn't have been done without you. Thank you for taking a chance on me. You have no idea how much it meant to me. I'll always be grateful."

I didn't expect for the restaurant to be as fancy as it is. I feel so out of place. "A bottle of your best wine please." He ordered. Oooooooooooh.

"So what are you doing with all that cha ching, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Paying off my parents debts, including the mortgage. Next weekend I'm taking Julian car shopping. The rest is going towards Bianca's student loans."

"How much is going to you?" I shook my head. "Nothing. They're more important." He smiled. "You're an amazing person Aly, you know that?" I smiled. "I try to be."

"So what's comin up? I know Kehlani and Bebe are getting the songs, but what's next?" Hmmm

"Definitely continue writing more. I'll see who Jamil can partner me up with next or who he can pair the songs with. Oh I'm graduating in May. I've finally made up my mind and I want to walk the line. I know it's stupid because it's just my AA, but I don't know when and if I'll get my Bachelors, so I want my parents to at least witness me walking the stage for my AA. Ima be working on my bachelors online while writing, but I'd like to focus more on music... and I'm blabbing again." He chuckled. "I like hearing you talk. I wanna be there though." I smiled. "My mom said they'd throw me a graduation party and she wants you there too.. but.." he furrowed his eyebrows. "But?"