You're Fine, You're Okay

-May-

Aly's POV-
"Please Aly.. you can leave before midnight so you don't feel like you're celebrating him." I sighed. James is asking too much from me. "He won't get there till midnight anyways." His birthdays coming up and wants me there.. the only problem? Gerald's birthday is the next day and I know they're gonna party into the 24th and I know he's gonna be there. It's his brother. He won't miss his brothers birthday.

"Okay." I gave in. "But im bringing someone with me."

"That's perfectly fine! Thank you Aly!! I'll see you soon!" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah." I said and he laughed.

Now to mentally prepare myself.

-May 23rd-

It was hard getting out of bed this morning and even harder finding the motivation to get ready. I really don't want to go to James' birthday bash. But I also promised I would. He's been bugging me non stop about it. I know Suzanne's gonna be there so I'm doing it for her too.

I changed into the black lace crop top and matching black lace skirt with a slit on the right leg. I tied my heels and stood up. My dates waiting for me in the living room.

 My dates waiting for me in the living room

"Remember we gotta be out of there by 11." I do not wanna run into Gerald tonight. I prayed so much about it. God, please don't let me down.

"Got it." Said Oscar. "The second you start feeling uncomfortable, let me know so we can leave." I sighed. "I'm already feeling uncomfortable." He gave me a weak smile.

As we came upon the club, I felt like throwing up... I spotted them.. the boys.. Suzanne.. but no sign of BJ, which means no Gerald.

"I can't do it. Let's go." I said as we neared their section. "Aly!" Shit. Too late. I put on my best smile and turned. "Suzanne!" I hugged her.

Michael was the first one to pull me aside then one by one, each guy did the same. I never imagined they would feel so guilty.. but I'm proud of how well I handled it. I didn't break down.

"I need a few shots." I said grabbing Oscar.

For the first time in a while, I was having a good time. "Cheers!!" Yelled Michael throwing an arm around me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ayyyeee G!" My smile dropped and my eyes shot over to Oscar who's eyes widened. "Aye happy birthday brotha!" He hugged James who stared at me emotionless. Everyone stared at each other quietly. He turned around and his smile dropped... along with the hand that's holding his girlfriends hand..

You're fine Aly.. you're okay Aly..

Oh who am I kidding?

I looked away and walked over to Suzanne. "You don't have to go.." She said, but I do. "It's still early.." I know. I gave her a warm smile and hugged her. "I'm sorry." I whispered and she squeezed me.

"Happy birthday James." I hugged him. "I'm sorry." He said and I shook my head. "I had fun. I really did. Get drunk for me please." I said and he laughed. I waved to the guys. "I'll wait in the car while you say your goodbyes." I told Oscar.

"Aly." I heard as I opened the car door. I took a deep breath as I turned around. I didn't look at his face, I can't.

"Aly, I.." He grew quiet. I can't hold it in anymore. I tried to, so hard, but the tears escaped. "I'm sorry." He said and I shook my head. I don't want to hear it.

I thought I would be okay if I caught a glimpse of him.. I thought wrong.

I looked up. God was busy with other things tonight.

Oscar froze for a second when he saw Gerald in front of me, but continued to walk faster.

"Happy birthday Gerald." I whispered before turning back to the car and getting in.

Oscar knew it would be best to stay quiet as I silently cried on the way home.

I surprised myself when I snapped out of it by the time we pulled up to my driveway. "You okay?" He asked and I nodded. "I love you." He hugged me. "I love you too.. thank you for coming with me tonight." He nodded.

I sat on my bed staring at the floor for quite a while. By the time I came back to reality, it was already 1am.

-Next Morning-

I woke up and reached for my phone. I have a few missed calls from Gerald.. along with a couple voicemails. I held my breath as I clicked play.

"I know it's late. I miss you Aly. I love you more than anything. I know I fucked up, I know I corrupted your trust. But I wanted to let you know I miss you. I hope you're doing good. You deserve to be happy." He was drunk. I hear it in his voice.

I hit play on the second one. "I just wanna talk to you one more time. Please. I want you to get answers.."

I thought long and hard. I need answers.