THIRTY

THIRD PERSON POV

Money has too big of an influence on this world, which was exactly how Leo was able to keep Aria from staying at the hospital for any evaluations. The doctor that checked on Aria was actually part of one of the families under the Moretti's, and once he saw Aria calm after waking up and seeing Leo, he cleared her safe to return home. The small donation Leo offered the man also helped their case, but Aria's parents didn't need to know about that part.

Aria didn't know what was going on, especially under all the sedatives she was under, and slept the whole way home and well into the next day. When she awoke on Sunday, she was confused, hungry, and welcomed with a pounding headache. All she really remembered was arriving at the party, seeing Leo in a room, seeing Elena laying on the ground, and waking up in the hospital. She had no idea how she arrived home though.

Leo entered the bedroom with a tray filled with breakfast for the two of them; he figured that this was the best way to approach the conversation they would be having about what happened. She gave a small smile, but it quickly disappeared once she saw the faint bruise on Leo's right cheek.

Her lip trembled as she thought about what her actions did to others. "Baby, why are you crying?" He asked her, setting the tray on the bedside table as he moved to comfort her on the bed.

She reached her hand up to trace the bruise, "I hurt you, Leo. I hit you."

He shook his head, taking her hands into his. "Sweetheart, you didn't know it was me. I don't blame you for anything and you shouldn't blame yourself either. The mix of alcohol and drugs-"

"Drugs?" She gasped, not believing that she at some point in the party took drugs.

"No, it wasn't like that. You were drugged, probably from one of the drinks you had, but it caused you to react the way you did last night," he assured her.

"Well, I'm still sorry. I wish things didn't have to be this way," she closed her eyes as he kissed the back of her hands.

"You are going through the struggles you are right now because that is what you are meant to go through to become a stronger person. We aren't given struggles that we can't handle and I promise you, you will get through this no matter how long it takes," he reassured her, and she couldn't thank him enough for telling her exactly what she needed to hear.

"I wish we didn't go to the party," she frowned. If he said anymore encouraging words to her, she was afraid she would break down crying yet again.

"Somethings are just meant to happen Aria. We can't go back and change anything now. All we can do is find a way to move on."

"You're right. Is Elena okay?" she asked, worrying for her best friend.

"She's gonna be alright. She has a few bruised ribs, a broken leg, and a sprained wrist, but she'll recover. She was worried about you," Leo told her, brushing a hair out of her face.

Aria gasped, "She's the one that was pushed off the balcony and is currently in the hospital, but she's worried about me?"

He nodded, "They're all worried about you."

"They probably think I'm insane. For God's sake, I beat Justin thinking he was-" she stopped herself from finishing her sentence. She looked away from Leo's gaze. It seemed like suddenly her mind was remembering more than she did before.

He furrowed his brows, wanting to know who she saw that caused her to beat Justin up so violently. "Who did you see?"

She sighed, "I saw Dimitri."