SIXTY ONE

THIRD-PERSON POV

A month had gone by, and it was silent. Too silent, in fact, for the Russians. Everyone assumed it was because of what they were planning on March 6th, but no one lowered their guards in the slightest. Something was coming, they all knew it.

Everyone had been doing intense training the past couple of weeks. Except for Aria, who itched to move her body and join everyone. Leo and everyone else had been adamant about her not training her body until the doctor-approved. Thankfully, she had a doctor's appointment today to determine if she was good to go or not.

Her body felt fine, and her pain was gone. She didn't have any issues walking, moving, or anything. She was feeling like herself. Except she found that she became winded easier, mostly because she spent the last month being babied by Leo, fed everything she wanted, and forced to do nothing but stay on bed rest to heal. She didn't fight them, she liked relaxing. But it was getting to the point where she began feeling too lazy like she was wasting her time.

That was why she was buzzing to get to the doctor's office and find out if she could begin moving around once again. She had far too many skills to brush up on and not enough time to do it.

Leo was accompanying her today. A part of him hoped that she wasn't ready so he wouldn't have to worry for her safety, but he knew she needed to do this. He saw the frowns she had any time she joined them during training but wasn't allowed to do much except watch.

He was proud of everyone's progress though. Everyone was being more agile, strong, confident in what they were doing. Aria would catch up no problem, she was already phenomenal at everything she did.

When he saw her grinning, practically skipping over to him while he wiped the beads of sweat off of his brow, he knew he would be happy even if the doctor told him she was ready.

"It's the big day," she grinned, taking his hand in hers.

He laughed, "So it is, are you ready to go?"

"Mhmm, you're gonna need a shower though," she said with a fake disgusted face. He grinned, trying to pull her into a hug.

"What's the matter, baby? You don't want my hug?" He laughed, wrapping his arms around her.

She squealed, "I'm gonna smell like a sweaty boy, Leo!"

"Good, then everyone will know who you belong to," he smirked, digging his head into the crook of her neck. She laughed, at the feeling, the slight stubble on his cheeks tickling the delicate skin of her neck. Goosebumps rose on her skin when his lips placed a light kiss, surprising herself because she almost moaned at the feeling.

It had been a long month... a very long month. Leo hadn't wanted to do anything, saying it was too risky especially while she was still healing. She tried, of course, but he only allowed kisses. No straddling was allowed either, and no touching. He told her that once she was healed, they could go for it. Of course, he said it extremely strained, holding himself back, and then excusing himself to the bathroom with a tent in his pants. She was really hoping she was healed enough at this point because her fingers weren't cutting it. Not that she ever got a chance alone to do anything unless she was in the shower; Leo hovered and her friends and family came in and out of the house, trying to spend time with her.

Now though, she was excited and so glad this day was finally here. She cleared her throat, knocking Leo out of his daze of kissing up and down her neck once she realized where they were. Leo pulled away, making sure no one else in the background saw what they were doing.

"I'm gonna go shower," he mumbled, pressing a kiss on her lips.

She saw the tent and she just nodded her head. "Please hurry."