FIFTY EIGHT

ARIA'S POV

"So, I see he found out she was finally awake," I heard in the room. My eyes were still closed, and I felt like I could sleep for days with the pain medication they gave me. My body felt like it was floating, and I felt so giggly.

I squinted my eyes open but immediately closed them once the bright lights in the room shined in my eye. "Please turn off the light," I said, and I heard the light switch turn off. However, light still entered the room through the window, but the sun looked like it had just risen in the sky, so it wasn't as intense.

I opened my eyes fully, noticing my mom and dad gathered on the couch next to the bed. My mom smiled brightly at me and it made me feel a little bit guilty. Was it because I almost died while there was still bad blood between us? I wasn't sure, thinking too much into this was making my head hurt.

I hadn't realized the big dude who laid next to me, snoring directly into my ear. His head was buried in the space between my neck and my shoulder, and he looked like he needed sleep. I felt bad for all the hell he must've gone through. I had been in that situation far too many times.

I grabbed his hand, lacing my fingers through his. I needed to feel his warmth on me.

"How are you feeling?" Dominic asked me, a grateful look on his face.

I shrugged, "I don't feel anything, whatever they gave me is working."

"Well, it's better than pain," Lauren said, with a smile.

The room was awkward, and I didn't know why. These people thought I was going to die, but I didn't. How do we move past that?

"Listen-" I began to say, but Lauren put her hand up to stop me.

"We can talk about everything once you're out of here. For now, I want to cherish the fact that my daughter is lying in front of me, smiling and breathing when I thought I lost her," she said, quickly wiping a tear that escaped her eye. She reached for my other hand and I gave it to her.

She was right. There would be a chance to make amends later on, but for now, I wanted to be happy that I was here with all of them.

A knock came at the door and the doctor walked in. "Good morning Aria, how are you feeling today?"

I smiled at her, "I'm feeling okay, the pain meds are working."

"That's great to hear. We're still going to keep you here for a couple more days to monitor you and make sure nothing gets infected again. We're going to keep you on the IV for pain meds for a little bit longer, and then tomorrow we'll switch you over to the pills," she told me, and honestly, I zoned it out. A couple more days in the hospital sounded like hell.

My parents and her talked a little bit more, while I watched Leo sleep. His hand tightened around mine, and I was surprised he managed to sleep through all of this.

"I see he still hasn't left your side," the doctor pointed out. I smiled.

I don't think he was going to leave my side for a while, and honestly, I was okay with that. "Yeah, he's probably gonna be here the whole time I am," I told her.

"He's very intense," she said, with a glimmer in her eye.

"He is," I said. And he's also mine, bitch, back off.

After answering a couple more questions from my parents, she left the room, and Leo was still asleep. I wanted him to wake up already, I wanted his attention and I was getting bored just sitting here with my parents.