TWENTY ONE

LEO'S POV

The next day Aria didn't move from the spot she was in. She woke up and just laid in bed staring at the wall. My heart broke watching her and I really couldn't leave her here. She needed someone, whether that person was me or not, even if she didn't want to admit it. I just intended to be that person for her.

I finished getting ready for the day and moved to sit down next to Aria's laying form on the bed. "Sweetheart, I have to go to work for a couple of hours, but I will be back as soon as possible. Is there anyone you want me to call until then?" I asked her with a soothing voice.

I wanted to be gentle with her, but I didn't know what to do. How could I help her?

She didn't reply at first, so I decided to push her further. "Do you want me to call your mom?"

I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and she closed her eyes at my touch. After a moment she nodded her head, answering the question I asked her.

"Okay, I'll call her," I told her with a small smile, even though she couldn't see it. I pressed a kiss on her forehead, "I'll be back in a little, I love you Aria."

She didn't respond, so I just pressed another kiss to her forehead before getting up and walking out of the room. I closed the door behind me, leaving behind my heart and the love of my life.

I pulled out my phone as I began walking down the stairs, calling Aria's mom.

"Leo, how is she?" she asked me as soon as she answered the call, almost as if she had an intuition that something wasn't right.

"Mrs. Moon, she's not doing good at all. I think you should come here with your husband," I told her honestly while running a hand through my hair.

It was quiet for a second before she replied, "We're on the way."

I hung up the phone and went to look for my parents to let them know about the company we would have soon. I guess I was just gonna have to postpone going to the office for a little bit longer.

I walked into the kitchen and noticed both of my parents there, enjoying breakfast at the table. I grabbed a plate, filling it with some food before taking a seat at the table.

"Why do you look like that?" my mom asked me as she rubbed some jam on a piece of toast.

"Long night," I replied grimly.

"Where's Aria? Why isn't she eating down here with us?" my dad asked while he flipped through the newspaper as if cellphones didn't exist.

"I don't think she's planning on joining us today," I told them, not really wanting to get into it.

Of course, the answer wasn't sufficient enough for my parents. "Why not?" my mom asked.

"Because she's not doing good," I said, wanting to dismiss the conversation.

"She seemed fine yesterday, call her down. I'm sure she's fine," my mom pushed again.

I dropped the fork I was using on the table, "She had a mental breakdown last night while I was gone, and now she's laying in bed completely void of everything. I don't really think it's appropriate to force her to join us."

I got up from the table, grabbing another plate and putting some eggs, potatoes, and fruit onto it for Aria along with a cup of orange juice.

"Where are you going with that?" my dad asked.

I huffed, "I'm going to bring this up to Aria."

"We have maids for that you know," my mom pointed out.

Young Queenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें