FIFTY ONE

ARIA'S POV

I laid in bed with Leo, as he held my naked body to his. I loved the relaxation of lying with him in the mornings, but I would be lying if I said that there wasn't still a little part of me that was upset he kept this secret.

"Leo, can I ask you something?" I spoke up.

"Mhmm, of course," he replied, sounding a little bit drowsy. His eyes were still closed, but I knew he was awake. His scar over his heart was visible, and I allowed myself to trace over it with my fingers.

"How would you have reacted if our roles were reversed?" I asked. I knew that he would know what I was referring to.

It was quiet for a moment, but then he spoke up. "I think I would be a little upset over the fact that you lied, but I think once you explained yourself I would understand. I don't think I could ever truly be upset with you. Even when you went down to visit Adrian without telling me, I was angry for all about fifteen minutes before I was over it once again. This also reminds me, you won't be seeing Adrian ever again."

My eyes widened, "Why not? Is he dead?"

He sighed, "No, I wish, but no. He confessed something and for my sanity, I never want to see you around him ever again."

This caught my attention and I sat up now. "What did he confess?"

Leo frowned, "That he had feelings for you."

I was shocked, there was no way he had feelings for me. He tried to choke me out the last time I saw him. It would make sense though considering some of the things he's said to me. However, I thought he was just joking the whole time, trying to get a rise out of me and Leo.

"He has feelings for me?" I asked, trying to confirm what I had heard.

Leo narrowed his eyes, "Yes. Why are you making that face? Do you have feelings for him too?"

My face turned into one of annoyance as I looked at Leo. "No, I don't have a crush on Adrian. Have you lost your mind?"

"So you've never felt anything for him? Not even a little bit, right?" Leo asked, and I could see he was becoming more upset by the look on his face.

Of course, I didn't have feelings for Adrian. I mean he was cute, but he wasn't crazy, possessive, and an Italian mafia leader - which just so happened to be my type.

"No, I have never felt anything for him," I told Leo, pressing my lips against his. "He's not my type."

"Am I your type?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I laughed, "No, of course not. I've just been putting up with your ass for almost a year for fun."

"You're not making me feel better," he muttered. I pulled him into my arms again.

"Leo, you're the man of my dreams even if you are a little bit crazy and keep very important secrets from me," I told him.

He groaned, "I'm sorry for keeping the secret, Aria. I could've just killed Steven at the time and been done with it."

I pulled back, cupping his face instead. "Leo, I'm not asking you to kill Steven. You're not going to kill him."

"But I should," he continued. "I should kill him forever threatening your life. This all made me realize that you're the only one there for me, baby. Even when I was sure you were upset at me over what you found out, you still found it in your heart to protect me. No one has ever protected my honor like that before, ever. I will never let a single person disrespect you or threaten you ever again. No matter whose blood flows through their veins."