the past will never change.

Hinata’s POV

More time has passed. Eventually, I stood up and started walking outside the hospital. It was already sunrise. Specifically, 6 am. I hear someone call out to me. They start running up to me. It was, surprisingly, Tsukishima with his car.

“What are you still doing here?” I ask him. He should’ve went home by now, so why was he still here?

“I’m taking you home with me.” Tsukishima calmly says as he yawns. For someone who was telling me to go home with them, he was surprisingly calm.

“Don’t worry, I won’t do anything. We’ll just talk.” Tsukishima chuckles while saying it. Why do I have a feeling that I should go?

“Ok.” I say as he gets into the car and I hop on in as well. It was very… calm. He was just playing lofi music on the radio and then the car smelled like it was new.

“Oh and… Yamaguchi is already at my place so, we’ll just talk for a bit then I’ll send you on your way.” Tsukishima says. Why was Yamaguchi at his house? Doesn’t matter.

“Where’s your brother, and your parents?” I ask him.

“Oh, they’re all in Tokyo right now so, Yamaguchi and I have the whole place to ourselves.” Tsukishima said while smirking.

“I-I see.” I say in reply. He looked like he was happy about that.

We had a quiet and a little bit awkward car ride. Both of us weren’t talking. I was actually starting to wonder if Tsukishima fell asleep or not. But, I know he isn’t that stupid to do that. We reach his home and it was close to Karasuno and also not that far away from my house. He had like a very huge house. It was like a mini-mansion of some sort. He was most definitely rich. Even his car was a Ferrari. I step out of the car and follow him into the house. He opens the door for me. I suddenly get introduced by the strong aroma of coffee. I then see Yamaguchi watching TV on his couch.

“O-oh! Hi, Hinata!” Yamaguchi says to me as he smiles. His eyes had bags. He was clearly sad and just drowning in it while drinking coffee. The table in front of him had like 5 cups of coffee and an empty container that was most likely filled used for ice cream.

“Hi, Yamaguchi. Are you two, you know, dating?” I ask him as I sit on the spot next to him.

“Y-yes! In fact, we’re engaged!” Yamaguchi says to me while showing his finger. It had a silver ring with diamonds on it.

“Congratulations!!” I say as I hugged him. I then see the ring on my finger and remember everything. I start crying on his shoulder.

“H-Hinata?!” He says in a panic. I don’t blame him. I just suddenly started crying.

“J-just for a w-while. Please.” I ask him. He nods and then I start crying. I just remembered that Kageyama wasn’t just gone a few couple of days or weeks or months or even years. He was gone forever. I can’t change that no matter how hard I try. The past will never change.

I eventually stop crying and regain my senses. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi also cried with me for a little bit. After everything, Tsukishima put a cup of hot chocolate in front of me.

“What is this?” I ask.

“It’s for you. We’re going to talk right?” Tsukishima answers.

“Oh, right.” I say in reply. I mean, I knew that we were going to talk but, I didn’t expect to get this much hospitality from him. I’m kind of… uncomfortable (?) that he’s being this nice but… I am also very happy and grateful for it.