a confession?

Hinata's POV

It was still the same day. I was just waiting for classes to finish and have lunch with Kageyama. I slept during the classes so it all went by really fast! As the class before recess was about to be done, like 3 more minutes, I already see Kageyama outside waiting! It was a shocker for me because I never seen him so excited or eager to see me! I must admit that that made my heart flutter!

Waiting for those last 3 minutes felt like an eternity. I'm not even paying attention to what the teacher is saying anymore. I just want to go to him!

*ding dong ding dong* It's finally done!! I quickly grabbed my lunchbox and ran towards the door. I slammed it open.

"KAGEYAMA!!!!" I ran up to him and hugged him.

"I MISSED YOU!!!" I know what I said but... even if it was for a short while... I really did miss him.

"B-boke!! W-what are you s-saying out loud!?"

"Nothing~. Let's just have lunch together!" By now we were getting a few stares. Well, not exactly a few but a lot. A lot of people were staring. Mostly girls that are like getting all flustered at us. But others didn't mind. I was just clinging onto him so I could understand why we were getting stares but, I didn't care. All that matters was 'I am with Kageyama, and he's with me.' Nothing more, nothing less.

"O-ok..."

With that, we headed onto the roof, where we were usually eating. I generally let go of him at one point because he looked like he was getting embarrassed so I did let go. Other than that, it was a peaceful walk to go to the roof.

We were already at the third floor and surprisingly, we bumped into our senpais!

"Hi, Sugawara-san, Asahi-san, and Daichi-san!!" I was happy that we bumped into them but... I have my priorities!!

"Hello! I see that you both are together again." Daichi replied. Suga chuckles along with Asahi but... I don't get why...

"W-well, we usually eat lunch together!" I replied nonchalantly.

"I see that. Ok then. I shouldn't keep you both any longer. Bye bye now!" They all wave goodbye and I did too. After, I ran while holding Kageyama's hand toward the roof.

We finally reach it. We sat down, prepared our lunches, and started eating.

~Quick Change: Third Person's POV~

"So, I saw this really cool thing on TV...and..." By then, Hinata started talking on and on about what he saw, meanwhile, Kageyama was fixated on something else. Something else that he finds worrisome.

'I wonder when I should ask him. Now was probably a good time but... I'm still worried...' He then plots something he wants to do while Hinata was still talking. He wasn't listening to Hinata at all. He plans for something he wants to do whilst Hinata was distracted by himself. Although that doesn't make the situation better, it didn't make it worse for him either.

He starts to prepare himself and remove his worries. He takes deep breaths and thinks to himself to stay calm. After getting his confidence, He starts to talk.

"H-hinata. I- uh I was wondering i-if you could g-go to the m-movies with me tomorrow..?" Kageyama asks this particular question. This particular question that Hinata thought that would never get brought up in a conversation. Hinata felt his jaw drop as the food he was picking up fell from the tip of his chopsticks. He was waiting for this. It wasn't exactly a confession but it was something really close to that. And just thinking about that, he was extremely happy.

"O-of course.!!" He was clearly shocked by this but extremely happy on the inside. He loves Kageyama very much so this was a really big moment in his life. He was just processing everything that had happened

It was very awkward for a moment until... the bell finally rings.

"A-ah! I should get going!! I'm going to be late!!" Hinata quickly packs up his things and runs toward the roof's door. He turns his back and see's Kageyama looking very worried about something.

"I'll meet you at the bike racks after school!" After saying that, he left, hurriedly going to his classroom. Even though he wasn't going to participate anyway, he still doesn't want to get detention because he was late.

Meanwhile, Kageyama is still at the roof. It appears his anxiety still hasn't shifted. He was worried about something else. Not the date. But the truth he was going to give to Hinata later on the date.

"I should get going too." Kageyama packs up his things and walks to his classroom weirdly relaxed even though he was going to be late.

Now, it was just them waiting for the time to pass by.

3 hours later and classes are already finished. Hinata quickly rushes to gather his things, say goodbye to his friends, and then meet up with Kageyama at the bike racks. He just ran and ran and ran. He was getting extremely excited.

Kageyama, on the other hand, wasn't getting all worked up. He was surprisingly calm. But I guess he was calm even in grave or big situations like these. He was just walking and taking his time. He was trembling. He kept it inside but he was truly scared. Again, not the date. But what he was going to say to Hinata.

Time passes by and then both of them finally meet at the bike racks. It was just awkward silence. They were both just standing around. Hinata was having a mental breakdown by now. Kageyama was just waiting for him to say something. He then notices Hinata's expression. He knew that he wasn't going to say anything so he decides to speak up first.

"S-so, about the date... I was thinking if we could go to the zoo..? Is it a good plan?" Hinata hearing this, his eyes just sparkled.

"OHHHH THE ZOO??!! SUREEE!!!" Kageyama was shocked by this but... he also smiled.

"Ok. Then I'll just pick you up tomorrow on your house at maybe 11 am. Goodbye and goodnight." He waved and went on his way. Hinata was very dumbfounded at how he quickly ended the conversation and clearly looked like he was rushing to go away. He was worried about that but he wasn't all that worried because he thought that Kageyama was just worried about the date.