Okay? Really?

It was 9:30 a.m. I told him to dress in whatever he wanted as long as he had as much of his body covered as possible. This wasn't gonna be any type of mission since it's special. Plus, they don't need to see his face since they'll start spying on him. Or maybe not since I live in the same house as him? But they might think he could be doing something while he's alone. Ugh...

"Is this okay?" Lobat came out of his room dressed up almost like a ninja. Black long pants and a dark green shirt with a black jacket over it, black shoes... He also had a black mask on. "You look like you're going to spy or assassinate somebody, but other than that you're good" I said in a monotone and put my shoes on. "Alright! This is gonna be interesting" he said with a little excitement in his voice. "Stop looking at the situation like it's child's play, would'ya? This is an actual thing. We might be ordered to kill somebody, you know?" I growled and then smirked. He gulped and narrowed his eyes. "Yeah right, like you'd let me do this" he said. "Are you fucking- YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE ME ALONE BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO COME THAT'S WHY I SAID YES!" I yelled. "Hmph" he crossed his arms. "You seem to misunderstand the place I'm 'working' at. Let me tell you something: any little hesitation, any wrong move and any suspicious behavior will get you killed, get that in your head" I said narrowing my eyes and he just didn't look at me.
.
.
.
We were going torwards the building and I just realized "He doesn't have an entry-pass". I mentally slapped myself. They're not gonna let him in. Maybe if I...

"Entry-passes" said one of the guards and extended his arm. "I'm the only one with an entry-pass, he's someone I want to recommend to the boss" I said quickly. And of course I regretted it almost immediately. "This isn't good. They might actually tell the old hag that he's someone I want to recommend. Shit".

We entered the building and Lobat was looking around, checking out what was here and there. I kept thinking what I should do with him...I told them something that wasn't true and they might tell the old hag that it's for real. I can explain to her, she's more understanding than them. I hope...
.
.
.
We reached her office. Lobat took a deep breath and kept a straight face. "Are you ready? I'll need to explain that 'recommendation' thing to her" I asked and he nodded. I knocked and she called us in.

"Well well, who is this?" she asked with a smile on her face. "Hello. Listen, you said I could bring whoever with me so I brought this dude I live in that house with me. I told the guards that I would recommend him to you, but I really don't think it's a good idea. He's here just because he wouldn't leave me alone and pure curiosity. Let him come with me, I'll make sure he's gonna behave" I said everything quickly. "Whoa whoa calm down Crow" I could feel Lobat looking at me when she said that. "I'll let him, as long as you take care of him. Don't let him do anything reckless or tell anybody about anything or you'll be the one to kill him, you got that kid?" she looked at Lobat and he nodded. "Wait, seriously? Are you really-"  I cut myself off as she nodded. "You...are a really lucky bastard, you know that?" I said to Lobat and he just blinked.

"Alright, now that we got this aside, what's the mission?" I asked. "Right. You just need to fight each other. I'm pretty bored" she said. I blinked and stared at her for a second. "What?" I said in a low tone. "Fight. I'm bored" she said with a smile. "I'll pay too" she continued. Lobat was taken aback and I could feel it. "Seriously? Can I do the rules?" I asked annoyed. "Sure" she said. "Then if I pin him to the ground we end the fight" I said and she growled. "Fine...have it your way"

Lobat didn't want to speak and I didn't know his fighting skills. "This should be easy"

I gave the first punch.

He avoided it. He blinked. He totally didn't expect this to be that stupid 'special mission'. He came at me head on though. "Interesting". He almost touched me. Almost. That was something. "I sure like where this is going". I came at him low to the ground and tried to grab his waist to put him down, but he jumped so I ended up grabbing his thighs. "Good enough". I spinned him around then let him hit the ground. Then, I put myself on him. I just stayed there. He was pinned to the ground.

"Good enough fight. Now, this is the real mission" she said handing us a piece of paper. I stared at her and so did Lobat. I was still on top of him. "Then what was this for?" I asked. "To test his abilities. He's okay. Could've been better, but knows to attack pretty well. Well, you're with him so I think it's alright. Now, the mission is to escort the best 3 people's we have assistants. They need to come here and I have nobody to send after them right now. You just need to bring them here safe. When they'll need to go back, I can call someone else. Now here are the money for the fight too" she slid 20$. "Tch. Fine. Let's go" I said and took the 20$, gave 10$ to Lobat and left.
.
.
.
The assistants were all going to come at a train station downtown, so it wasn't that far. "Where are they coming from?" asked Lobat. "From all over the country. You see, they're comng from the very North, the very South and the very West. There are the best 3 people we have. Of course there's a fourth one, but she doesn't have an assistant" I said. "Who's the fourth one?" he asked, but the train came and the assistants stepped out. We went to them.

"Hi, we're your escorts" I said, showed them my pass and urged them to go forward. "You stay in the front and lead them to the building, I'll stay behind and take care of whatever happens" I tell Lobat and he nodded. "Follow him to the building" I gestured them to go after Lobat.
.
.
.
We reached the boss' office without any problems. "There they are" I said. "Good job. Here are the money, give the paper back for me to sign it and take it to Tom. Then you can leave" I nodded and gave her the paper. She signed it and then we went to the specific Tom.

"Who's Tom?" Lobat asked. "He's the one who takes care of the files in this place. Well, one of the few. I guess it's his turn today" I explained. "Are you gonna gice me some of the money too?" he asked. "*sigh* I guess I don't have a choice, I mean you did help out a little...probably" I said.

We reached Tom's office, which was also on the last floor and knocked on the door. A loud 'come in' was heard. We entered. "Oh?! Crow! I missed you!" Tom jumped out of his chair and hugged me. "You're doing it again" I said. "Right, sorry! I just haven't seen you in such a long time, I couldn't help it!" he grinned. "So, what's up?" he asked. "Take this" I gave him the paper of the mission we just completed. "Ohh, okay. Got it. By the way, who is this guy?" he pointed at Lobat and raised an eyebrow. "Just ignore him, he's with me" I brushed it off. "Hmm, okay" he said and put the paper in a pile of others. "Okay, we're done here. See ya" I waved at him. "Wait! You're not gonna go with me to a cafe or something? Crow~~!" he yelled, but we kept going without looking back and closed the door. "Rude" Lobat said. "Shut up" I said shooting him a glare.
.
.
.
We reached home, we changed and went to do some food for the others since it was almost time for them to come back. "Man that was some adventure for sure" Lobat said. "Let's hope it doesn't happen again" I said giving a heavy sigh. "Yeah yeah, it was fun though. But that fight, I went easy on you while you just gave it all. I didn't like that" he narrowed his eyes at me. "That wasn't my all. If I did that you wouldn't have had a chance to even hit me. That was 40% of my power" I said. "Not 50%?" he smirked and I glared at him. "No. Now focus on the food. It's finished" I pointed out and he went immediately to take the food. "By the way, why do they call you Crow?" he asked. "Well, that's another story for another time" I shrugged it off and he frowned.

Everyone gathered home from work and ate, while me and Lobat went to my room. More like, I went to my room and he followed me. "What is it now?" I asked him. "Can I take your diary?" he asked bluntly. "What for?" I asked. "I wonder" he said sarcastically. "Sure, go ahead. Are you really that curious?" I said. "Mhm. Thanks. Good night" he took the diary and left. "Seriously, what's up with this guy?". I thought, then went to sleep.

.
.
.
□{Chapter end}□