Oh no no no...

I woke up and felt like dying. I'm still half asleep. Probably. "Can't move...Oh not this again...". Sleep paralysis. I get it every now and then, but these days I've had it almost every day. "Damn".

In the corner of my eye I saw something. It sure is back again. It won't let me wake up for a pretty long time. Yet it's still dark outside...I really hate this.

"Hello again, hehehe" said that thing. "Hi-". I tried to speak back but nothing came out. Also, I need to find a name for this thing. I can't call it 'thing' for the rest of my life, can I? "I'm sure you didn't miss me, but I like you. You're so nice and calm. You don't panic much. Of course, I can see through you and tell that you are indeed a little scared... But it's still better than how others react. That's why I come here. I know you don't like it, but that's that. Can't be helped." "Yeah, I can see that"  "Raven was your name, right little human?" "Little human? I'm 5'8 little fucker" "Now now, don't make that angry look. It doesn't suit you. What suits you is more of a sarcastic look hehehehe. Anyway, I heard that there's this dude that found out about the organization you're in. This sure isn't well, is it? Let me tell you what happened to other people when their secrets got found out..."

●《AFTER 1 HOUR》●

"Finally it left...Took a lot of time, it's already day outside. Man... I think I'll call it Darky since it comes whenever is a time before the sunrise, but when it's still dark. Very creative, I know"

I got out of bed and I was covered in sweat and my heart was pounding. Actually, so were my ears. I went and took a cold shower then went downstairs where everyone was getting ready for work. Except Lobat.
"Morning" I said and waved. "Gooood morning~ Raven!" said Norio and Tori at the same time, then pointed at eachother and laughed. "Morning" said uncle Moji, Fay and Lobat. Passim just nodded and I nodded back. "I have a feeling that he's still not over the fact that I callled his yelling annoying and unnecessary" I thought and sighed.

I went to grab a glass of water and the went to sit on the couch. I started scrolling through my apps and looked at the notifications I had, then something stood out. "The old hag?" It was a message from the organization.

Old hag: Raven, I call you here today for a special mission that only you can complete. You may take whoever you want with you and come here at 10 a.m. I'll wait for you in my office.

"This was sent half an hour ago...What kind of mission is she sending me off to? And why may I take someone with me? Does she know that uncle Moji... or about Lobat... No, I don't think so. But still, I can't help but think about it". I looked at the time. It was 7 a.m. I had time. I set an alarm at 9:30 a.m just in case I'd forget about it and kept scrolling.

"Goodbye! See ya guys later!" said uncle Moji, Norio and Tori while Fay and Passim just waved. "They all left at the same time huh" I thought out loud. "Yeah. They all have their jobs around this time" Lobat said. "You have a day off?" I asked him. "Yep" he said and threw himself on the couch and looked at me. "What?" I asked. "Who's 'old hag'? I don't think it's your mother since it said something about a special mission or something" he asked bluntly and I was taken aback. "W-what? When did you-" I got cut off by him. "I was behind you the whole time" he smirked. "Ugh...I have to go at 10 a.m to the organization's leader. That's the old hag" I explained while I put my hand on my face. "You call her old hag? Can't she kick you out or even kill you? Or not give you money" he said in a pretty deep tone. And his voice is deep enough as it is. "I'm one of the best so she won't kill me. Plus, the only time she's allowed to kill one of the best is if they're traitors" I said sliding my hand off my face. "Mhm" Lobat hummed and turned to look at the ceiling.

After 5 minutes he says something again. "Take me with you"

"What?" I said in a serious tone. "It said you could take whoever you want so take me with you" he said shrugging. "Are you insane? 1. This is a special mission given to me which means big ass danger ; 2. Can you even keep up with the running and thinking and attacking and defending if necessary and stuff? and 3. You're not even part of the organization AND I don't want to have your death on me. That would mean for everyone to find out" I explained while my head was throbbing and my hands were going all over the place: up, down, left, right, crossed, pointing etc. "She didn't say who specifically, so a trustworthy outsider should be alright. And I do have good flexibility and I'm a bit athletic since I work out every now and then, so there won't be any death for you to take responsibility for" he said. He left me stunned. "You're messed up in the head or something? Maybe you've gone crazy" I said, still not believing what he said. "I can assure you that my mental health is at it's best. Anyways, wouldn't it be hard for you to pull off a special mission on your own. I mean, even with your skills, it should still be dangerous, I can help" he said. "Oh no...no no no you aren't coming with me. You never know what'll happen" I said. "That's why I want to come" he said and narrowed his eyes.

"You don't even know what you're getting into, Lobat" I said, giving up. "Does that mean you'll take me?" he asked. "I can't-" he cut me off by putting his hands on my shoulders. "Listen to me, I'll be alright. Just a backup. I won't get in your way and I'll only state my opinion sometimes" he said, somehow pleading. "I don't know...the old hag-" he cut me off again. "I can explain it to her and I'll take anything she gives me" he said while shaking me. "I still don't think she'll-" he cut me off again. "I'll try"

Now this was legendary. Someone pleading to go on a mission where they could get killed brutally, or get killed even before they even get the chance to go on the mission. Epic moment what else can I say. "F...fine then. But if you die, I don't know what happened and you'll tell that old hag to say she doesn't know anything about me nor you" I pointed at him. "Okay, fair enough. Now how should I dress?"

.
.
.
□{Chapter end}□